Like Tree10Likes

Cathay's Revival ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cathay's Revival ...

A couple of articles in today's press about how desperate or totally-under-control things are at Cathay.

Cathay Pacific Airways is holding a recruitment day for cabin crew at the Cordis Hotel in Mongkok for two days from today. Today, about 20 to 30 people showed up for interviews, a departure from the long queues of nearly 1,000 people who had been waiting to apply for every major job fair held by Cathay Pacific before the epidemic.
    (Base pay mentioned in the article is at about HK$ 9000 a month + I assume allowances / per diems for days when the flight attendants are on duty.)

https://www.hk01.com/article/822874

and

"We will build capacity and add more flights to our network. This remains our priority," the statement added.

The company said changes to pay were required to create a "more focused, more efficient and more competitive business for the post-Covid travel landscape," adding: "Our goal was to protect as many jobs as possible, whilst meeting our responsibilities to the Hong Kong aviation hub and our customers."

Along with its subsidiaries, Cathay had 20,800 employees globally by June 30, down from 34,200 at the end of 2019, after cutting thousands of roles during the pandemic, Reuters reported.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20221006.htm

9000 per month? Seriously?

rainylin likes this.

Bloomberg reported CX had recruited 1000 peeps, or around half of what they wanted?

And also crew will make HK$17,000 a month for working a targeted 90hrs?

Wow, people not interested in an unstable (in terms of hours) job, with relatively low pay, endless quarantine possibilities, endless covid tests? With a company that could go belly up at any time? Who knew...

spode and rainylin like this.

Just had an email from Augustus Tang - what a pompous name to pick for oneself.

Seems they are extending club memberships automatically. I think I'd rather hitch a ride on a container ship next time.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:

Seems they are extending club memberships automatically. I think I'd rather hitch a ride on a container ship next time.
    Yeah, I got that too. I haven't taken a Cathay Flight since 2018.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:

What a good idea... Paying for containers with Asia Miles...

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Yeah, I got that too. I haven't taken a Cathay Flight since 2018.
    I have been reminded that my previous lofty "Green" status is still alive, along with my accrued 0 miles that I can use on future flights.

So I guess "Green" in this case means I am an eco-friendly flier, what with my 0 miles and all...

Yea, all those pilots haven't been complaining about nothing the past xx years. The average joe has no idea just how much of a joke CX management and the Swire swine are. Hopefully the media can start shedding some light.

FrancisX likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast