Like Tree41Likes

2022/23 - CE Policy Address

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    His speech really is very monotone and probably good if you have insomnia and need some BGM/random white noise to sleep
    Yes, I can see that the web person at the policy address site fell asleep around 10 mins .. and woke up about 70 mins into the speech.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    I conspiracy theorize the parking spot ref was a last min red herring.
    In the coming three years, an additional 7 000 parking spaces with electric vehicle chargers will be provided in government premises.
    Well ... something was mentioned.

What's the thing about a primary healthcare authority?

Edit: meh. I thought HK would finally have a proper GP system. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    What's the thing about a primary healthcare authority?
    One of about 97 new authorities announced. So far ... probably 183 by the time the speech is done.

We will publish the Primary Healthcare Blueprint within this year. With District Health Centres (DHCs) as the hub for co-ordinating primary healthcare services for our people, we will partner with the private healthcare sector to promote the concept of "family doctor for all" and collaborate with various healthcare professions to provide comprehensive, sustainable and people-centric primary healthcare services in the community. We will:

1. establish the Primary Healthcare Authority for co-ordination and governance of primary healthcare service provision across the public and private sectors. It will also be responsible for setting standards and devising quality assurance mechanisms;

https://www.policyaddress.gov.hk/2022/en/p82.html

Edit: meh. I thought HK would finally have a proper GP system. Nope.
    They seem to be headed in that direction...

Unfortunately with the amount of work to be done, and the fact that MANY senior / middle managers & professionals in the govt and private systems have left HK. I am not optimistic about the govt's ability to delivery even 10% of what John Lee is committing to - other than spending money and building some new stuff.

It's not going to happen with those measures, not even close.

It's not going to happen with those measures, not even close.
    Give them a chance ... let the authority get setup, then they need to announce 6 committees and 8 sub committees... I suspect we will have some reports by 2025.

(The big issue is ... we really don't have the resources to achieve 90+% of what is being listed...)
    Insomnia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Give them a chance ... let the authority get setup, then they need to announce 6 committees and 8 sub committees... I suspect we will have some reports by 2025.

(The big issue is ... we really don't have the resources to achieve 90+% of what is being listed...)
    With the support of the central government and further integration into the GBA, anything is possible!
    shri likes this.

It requires a radical overhaul, stepping on lots of toes. The vast majorities of 'GPs' that locals see aren't even trained as 'family physicians' (aka general practice).

Summary- Patriot-only loot

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast