Like Tree131Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Having just come back from spending 3.5 months in a place where very few people wore masks, it's a bit of a culture shock to have to wear one most of the time.
    Really? You didn’t follow that’s happening in HK at all? Fair play for completely disengaging.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    As per the title.

I don't think so.

The local population is conditioned and will wear them forever.

Opinions please.

Just about to return from a short trip outside of Asia. Nobody wearing masks anywhere happily going about their business.

I don't mind wearing masks but it removes so much basic humanity not seeing facial expressions. I guess medieval knights felt the same.
    I'm in Seoul this weekend and practically EVERYONE wears a mask in dense urban environments.

HK will be similar for a long time to come regardless of laws. It is now 'polite' to wear a mask on the MTR

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Having just come back from spending 3.5 months in a place where very few people wore masks, it's a bit of a culture shock to have to wear one most of the time.
    I would suggest you go to a local village setting, Masks are very much optional.
    William06 and Beanieskis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Outdoors i hope so, but yes somewhere between 30 and 60% of people will wear them regardless. Indoors only once Xi is immortalised as a god king and has vanquished all past humiliations, reunited China, and has at least one carrier group on each of the 9 dashes.
    I think the number will be much higher. Pretty much all non-Westernized locals will keep wearing masks everywhere, along with pressing elevator buttons with tissues and spraying their credit cards with disinfectant after using it every time.

Funny how when you go overseas you initially keep a mask with you, then you get into the habit of not wearing one, then you get back to CaNnOtLaNd and you keep leaving the house without one for the first few days, and eventually get back into their degenerate mask wearing ways.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

No. You must be punished for heresy - put on a second mask over the first.

hullexile likes this.

Nothing wrong with wearing masks especially indoors when people are not feeling well or with people handling food however it should not be mandated, it should be common courtesy like not sneezing with your mouth uncovered or spitting on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Really? You didn’t follow that’s happening in HK at all? Fair play for completely disengaging.
    You don't live on Hong Kong.

Go away.

In democracies the opening up process including the dropping of mandatory masks is to boost the economy because the economy is critical.

In dictatorships the only thing that matters is pleasing the dictator. So no, Hong Kong will not be dropping mandatory masks anytime soon.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I would suggest you go to a local village setting, Masks are very much optional.
    So true. When wandering around our village i take a mask in my pocket "just in case" the police show up, but I think many people don't bother even with that.

I'm going to guess that outdoor mask requirement will be lifted in the next 6 months, and indoor masks other than in healthcare setting and public transport, maybe within the next year? But I think culturally it will stay. I expect we'll see hospitality staff wearing them on an ongoing basis.
    FrancisX likes this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast