Like Tree209Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Well, I have to say that the logic of being allowed to go to a gym without masks but not walking on a street is pretty shaky. I don't really care either way but I would respect consistency in their commitment instead of haphazard rules. Let's wear masks on Tuesdays except for those with blond hair who shall wear them on Fridays but not if you are wearing shorts and sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    Well, I have to say that the logic of being allowed to go to a gym without masks but not walking on a street is pretty shaky. I don't really care either way but I would respect consistency in their commitment instead of haphazard rules. Let's wear masks on Tuesdays except for those with blond hair who shall wear them on Fridays but not if you are wearing shorts and sunglasses.
    Logic? In HK? ha ha

I've said it before: the outdoor mask mandate is not being enforced and will be dropped soon after CNY.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Logic? In HK? ha ha

I've said it before: the outdoor mask mandate is not being enforced and will be dropped soon after CNY.
    Expect the unexpected!

With the exception of 2020 when the entire world was panicking, none of this stuff in Hong Kong has made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Logic? In HK? ha ha

I got asked to put my mask on and ID checked by the boys in blue outside the ferry pier in Central this long weekend. There's definitely some enforcement.

I’ve been thinking…

Keep a broken mask in your pocket and walk around without one. If the cops stop you then just show them your broken mask and tell them you are looking for a place to buy a new one. What are they gonna do? Fine you?

Beanieskis likes this.

Back from a trip to SE Asia and you could tell the HK/Chinese tourists from a mile away. Walking down an open street in 30 degree weather with masks on.

The idea that we need the law is absurd, if they’ll wear masks under these conditions they’ll definitely keep wearing them here.

shri, aw451 and Crankshaft like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:

The idea that we need the law is absurd,
    The idea of masks being of any use whatever outside was always completely absurd.
    aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Back from a trip to SE Asia and you could tell the HK/Chinese tourists from a mile away. Walking down an open street in 30 degree weather with masks on.

The idea that we need the law is absurd, if they’ll wear masks under these conditions they’ll definitely keep wearing them here.
    Are there many Chinese tourists out there? Big fanfare here a couple of days ago when the first Chinese tourists arrived and the Philippines is on the pilot 20 countries list.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Are there many Chinese tourists out there? Big fanfare here a couple of days ago when the first Chinese tourists arrived and the Philippines is on the pilot 20 countries list.
    I cannot say if they actually live in China, but they were speaking Mandarin, wearing masks, and had matching family outfits so culturally they must be.

Some of the maskers were Hong Kongers as we chatted to some of them.

No one primarily speaking English of any race (white, Asian, Middle Eastern) was wearing masks outside at the beach. This includes Singaporeans.
    hullexile likes this.

but they.. had matching family outfits
    Name:  IMG-20230127-WA0001.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  1.6 KB

What the what.. who tf is still doing this. Stop it now.

I think opposite on this, I think on-the-ground mask behaviour will not track and follow closely behind the status of govt covid restrictions. I expect a lag - masks to stay on or even increase for at least 6 mths to a year after - lag cuz majority of ppl are jittery abt getting sick. They know it is irrational, lots prefer mask laws to continue so when it doesn't, they mask up even more right after, thinking time to beef up their only line of defence vs unmasked ppl unleashed upon the world..

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast