Like Tree235Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Degen:
    One of my older relative in USA almost died from Covid this summer. He went with his buddies on a trip to Canada. The entire group got covid. Nobody wore mask. All got infected. All were vaccinated.

So, Covid is still taking out the older and weaker segment of the population. My parents in UsA still wear masks. They still avoid eating out and gathering. They have long term health issues.
    Oh, ok.

And?
    Crankshaft and AliT like this.

One of my older relative in USA almost died from Covid this summer. He went with his buddies on a trip to Canada. The entire group got covid. Nobody wore mask. All got infected. All were vaccinated.

So, Covid is still taking out the older and weaker segment of the population. My parents in UsA still wear masks. They still avoid eating out and gathering. They have long term health issues. Looks like covid will be here to stay.
    As are many other illnesses. Covid has ceased to be anything special.
    Crankshaft and natino like this.

So, Covid is still taking out the older and weaker segment of the population. My parents in UsA still wear masks. They still avoid eating out and gathering. They have long term health issues. Looks like covid will be here to stay.
    Although it's a shame that some die of covid, you're mixing cause and effect. They didn't catch covid because they weren't wearing masks.

If we are going to wait until zero covid before we stop wearing masks, we will be likely be wearing masks until whenever we go extinct.
    Crankshaft, natino and sjsa like this.

Colds kill old, weak people. Flu kills more. Masking won't help - it will just cause your relatives to build up an immunity debt and the first virus to get them will be so much worse.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Really? What gives you that idea?

Wear masks. Don’t eat out. Build a bunker. Whatever. The world is your oyster. What we want is to not be the only god damn city in the world with a mask mandate anymore and let people decide for themselves. Remember what an absolute stellar job mask-wearing did for HKers during Feb-Apr last year?
    aw451 and natino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Colds kill old, weak people. Flu kills more. Masking won't help - it will just cause your relatives to build up an immunity debt and the first virus to get them will be so much worse.
    How about letting people live their lives the way they want? Masking does help protect if it's done properly and very importantly, it also protects others around you. This idiotic idea of immunity at all costs is just as stupid as hiding in a room wrapped up in plastic. If you're younger, strong and healthy, it's a lot easier to roll the dice than if you're older and/or have immune problems. There are plenty of viruses around so there's no need to chase all of them to try to build up your immunity. The jurassic mentality of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger belongs in the last century. I'm quite happy not to wear masks but I certainly am not going to judge and tell others what is better for them nor will I chase opportunities to catch COVID to so call "build up my immunity". It is NOT the flu, some people get out of it easy and for others even healthy it's hell, I'm sure they are not interested in catching it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    How about letting people live their lives the way they want? Masking does help protect if it's done properly and very importantly, it also protects others around you. This idiotic idea of immunity at all costs is just as stupid as hiding in a room wrapped up in plastic. If you're younger, strong and healthy, it's a lot easier to roll the dice than if you're older and/or have immune problems. There are plenty of viruses around so there's no need to chase all of them to try to build up your immunity. The jurassic mentality of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger belongs in the last century. I'm quite happy not to wear masks but I certainly am not going to judge and tell others what is better for them nor will I chase opportunities to catch COVID to so call "build up my immunity". It is NOT the flu, some people get out of it easy and for others even healthy it's hell, I'm sure they are not interested in catching it again.
    You've just argued for making masks optional. Welcome to the sensible side
    Last edited by aw451; Yesterday at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    You've just argued for making masks optional. Welcome to the sensible side
    I couldn't care less either way... I don't have a mask or anti mask fetish

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    I couldn't care less either way... I don't have a mask or anti mask fetish
    I have no "fetish" either way, much like most people here, I'd just rather we had the freedom to choose.

The current situation is that in general most people want "everyone else" to wear a mask to keep them safe regardless of their own preference or mask wearing discipline. This has to stop.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26