Like Tree348Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I would suggest you go to a local village setting, Masks are very much optional.
    Far less compliance now than back in June when I left. Lots of people walking around with masks pulled down to their chins. Was waiting for someone outside a fast food place and hardly anyone was scanning in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    I'm going to guess that outdoor mask requirement will be lifted in the next 6 months, and indoor masks other than in healthcare setting and public transport, maybe within the next year?
    Haha. Didn’t we say the same thing this time last year once most ppl were fully vaccinated? It’s going to be 2020 round 4 soon…Scariants be scary to these folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    Haha. Didn’t we say the same thing this time last year once most ppl were fully vaccinated? It’s going to be 2020 round 4 soon…Scariants be scary to these folks here.
    No I never thought masks would be lifted any time soon. My guesses earlier this year were on lifting of quarantine and I was nearly right. I guessed home quarantine by August and none by October, in the event it was 3 days by August and none by September.

No I never thought masks would be lifted any time soon. My guesses earlier this year were on lifting of quarantine and I was nearly right. I guessed home quarantine by August and none by October, in the event it was 3 days by August and none by September.
    Kinda…there is still quarantine for a few days. It’s just not as obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by natino:
    Kinda…there is still quarantine for a few days. It’s just not as obvious.
    Well no it's not quarantine, you're just not able to enter restaurants, gyms etc. If you can go to schools, offices, private parties, get on rammed public transport etc I don't think you can call that quarantine...

Well no it's not quarantine, you're just not able to enter restaurants, gyms etc. If you can go to schools, offices, private parties, get on rammed public transport etc I don't think you can call that quarantine...
    Ok, agree to disagree but doesn’t this just come back to the thread at hand? The only reason you can do those things is because of the belief of the magic mask and its amazing protection ability. The CHP are 100% convinced ppl are diligently wearing the face diapers during their medical surveillance period. So how are they going to take them away anytime soon?

I don't think masks will go until they get rid of compulsory RAT testing for specific venues.

natino likes this.

No need. Hong Kong is officially "full of life":

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...-says-John-Lee

Dude in the lift today was wearing two masks plus a shield and covering his hands with a plastic bag and holding a sanitizer. And he was standing facing the wall.

This is the fear psychosis.

natino likes this.

Watching a couple try to kiss with masks on is real comedy. I've seen it a couple of times (but not recently).

hullexile likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast