Like Tree139Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Watching a couple try to kiss with masks on is real comedy. I've seen it a couple of times (but not recently).

hullexile likes this.

You know what really pisses me off?

It's the [partial] announcement that a large(?) number of arrivals have been found to be Covid bearing !!

And never broken down into where they have *COME FROM*, so residents here have NO chance of "cold-shouldering" - for our own safety - those who could possibly be "dodgy" carriers.

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

qhank likes this.

Anyone can be a carrier, Government is absolute right not to stigmatize any nationality Hong Kong needs less racism, not more!

Eamon92, drumbrake, bdw and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:

It's the [partial] announcement that a large(?) number of arrivals have been found to be Covid bearing !!

And never broken down into where they have *COME FROM*, so residents here have NO chance of "cold-shouldering" - for our own safety - those who could possibly be "dodgy" carriers.

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

You cannot be fucking serious.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    Dude in the lift today was wearing two masks plus a shield and covering his hands with a plastic bag and holding a sanitizer. And he was standing facing the wall.

This is the fear psychosis.
    Yes.

It's some form of mental illness. A lot of that around.

I believe we'll still be made to wear masks outside next summer and feel like suffocating again.
    natino and statman like this.

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

Agree. Maybe the government can mark them in some way. Off the top of my head, something like a yellow Star of David or similar.

Elsewhere, had my first ever request to pull my mask over my nose on the MTR. An old lady signalled me. I felt it very rude of her to place herself in my business but simply gave her a thumbs up and ignored her. And that was that.
    Flapster likes this.

Ignorance is NOT bliss!

They are of Chinese, Indian and Filipino ethnicity based on arrival records. Stay 50 meters away from ALL of them everywhere in HK for 14 days after we hit zero arrival infections and you will be fine...

From what I have read... Don't tell anyone else...

I think masks will be around for long time.. :x

The govts, health orgz and press are really the cause - thx to them, the monster in ppl's mind and longcovid is v real even tho the lethality of the virus is mostly imaginery. The only updates ppl get are mask designs. No newer meds, no one working on it, even panadol didn't capitalize on this to market a new improved bs version but lots of ppl working on mask designs. The only vibe ppl get from this is, ok the only thing we can do to protect ourselves is to shield, mask, quarantine and hope for best coz damn there are no better meds and nobody cares to try. Plus the only alt to Q is hospital but only if you can't breathe anymore and then we only have oxygen for you. So the fear doesn't go away, even if cases decrease nor for recovered patients. It just gets compounded daily til next infection.

Worst is they keep announcing new variants pre-peer review but w no newer solutions, like this info is supposed to be helpful to the public when it's only gd for winding up the anxiety level. Wld be like HKO reporting new T8, T9, T10 every other day but no road repairs or new shelters given. Health orgs and govts ordinarily would stop announcing bcos completely counterproductive but they have long forgotten their public role..

I also see new updated smiley w masks daily.. :p
    .Name:  IMG-20221031-WA0011.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  1.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    They are of Chinese, Indian and Filipino ethnicity based on arrival records. Stay 50 meters away from ALL of them everywhere in HK for 14 days after we hit zero arrival infections and you will be fine...

From what I have read... Don't tell anyone else...
    Hey !! Since you mentioned it - I don't wish to be thought "racist" - But what about the <snipy snip snip snip...> too??

I suppose that some people would be wary of anyone not "<more snippety snip snip snip> Chinese" as being potential carriers of "The Dreaded Lurgy" since sanitation and medical health are often well below par in some Asian countries.

And, according to "The Standard" today, Foxconn's "slaves" in Zhengzhou are fleeing their captivity & starting to walk home with their baggage in journeys of 100 Km or more solely because they allege that they feel that they are being fed lies about the Covid situation in their workplaces.

Good luck to them, I'm too ancient to undertake such travails, especially when the employer(s) can't or won't tell the truth about the situation, or forced to "keep schtum" from "them on high".

Last edited by shri; 04-11-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Hey !! Since you mentioned it - I don't wish to be thought "racist" - But what about the ... too??
    I am sure you have a non caucasian friend who is not "<snip snip> Chinese" ... most racists claim they have one.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast