Like Tree348Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    A bottle of water
    So true.

The long reach of HK law -
    so we are at Mumbai airport early this week, which is full and throbbing and is like what HK airport once was, and we go to CX counter to do the check-in. There's a queue and the person who's guiding us in the queue tells us to put on our masks and I look at her incredulously and look around me. Because we are at an airport with thousands of people not wearing masks but only for CX check-in counter we are supposed to put on masks. We, of course, removed them after we finished checking in.

Masks are a “simple” but very visible action that shows we are “taking appropriate measures” “due to the (serious) epidemic situation” that doesn’t cost the average person much.

in fact, I’d say most locals are supportive as they too can get satisfaction of taking action.

In regards to mainland, no masks unless in one of those shutdown and test.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Just stop wearing outdoors and see it become contagious (pardon the pun).

The only way to top this stupid exercise in compliance (because we know there is no medical benefit) is to stop complying.

If someone asks me to wear a mask outdoor (they haven't yet), I'd ask why. Is it because them's the rules or is it because you have a scientific argument to back your request? If the former, not happening.
    Easier said than done. The cops will come and harass you until you are fined $5000. Now that all of Hong Kong's most rebellious individuals are in prison, no one wants to get into trouble from the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbithop:
    in fact, I’d say most locals are supportive as they too can get satisfaction of taking action.
    All the un-Westernized locals support it. They are too brainwashed and shit scared because they get punished if they ever try to think for themselves. They will now keep wearing it wether there is a mandate or not.

China doesn’t have to wear masks, but god forbid there are 10 new cases in a city of 10 million! Meanwhile HK is returning to normal, but a mask you shall wear, and keep wearing! Typical fkn cannot logic once again. God these ppl are degenerates.
    ndt, natino and statman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    The long reach of HK law -
    so we are at Mumbai airport early this week, which is full and throbbing and is like what HK airport once was, and we go to CX counter to do the check-in. There's a queue and the person who's guiding us in the queue tells us to put on our masks and I look at her incredulously and look around me. Because we are at an airport with thousands of people not wearing masks but only for CX check-in counter we are supposed to put on masks. We, of course, removed them after we finished checking in.
    What made you comply? It's not like Hong Kong cops are in Mumbai to enforce the law. I don't think CX staff can refuse you boarding if you don't wear a mask. This shows how everyone is conditioned to comply with ridiculous rules, locals and expats alike.
    aw451, Baklava, Crankshaft and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    All the un-Westernized locals support it. They are too brainwashed and shit scared because they get punished if they ever try to think for themselves. They will now keep wearing it wether there is a mandate or not.

China doesn’t have to wear masks, but god forbid there are 10 new cases in a city of 10 million! Meanwhile HK is returning to normal, but a mask you shall wear, and keep wearing! Typical fkn cannot logic once again. God these ppl are degenerates.
    It is somewhat ironic since only three years ago, majority of the 'brainwashed and shitscared' un-Westernized locals supported protests that the westernized crowd considered to be too defiant and violent.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken:
    What made you comply? It's not like Hong Kong cops are in Mumbai to enforce the law. I don't think CX staff can refuse you boarding if you don't wear a mask. This shows how everyone is conditioned to comply with ridiculous rules, locals and expats alike.
    Because you have to choose your fights. Would it have been worth the hassle? What would all the inconvenience have achieved? Easier to put a mask on for a few minutes.

Easier said than done. The cops will come and harass you until you are fined $5000. Now that all of Hong Kong's most rebellious individuals are in prison, no one wants to get into trouble from the cops.
    You’d be surprised how easy it is not to wear a mask outside, maybe i’ve been lucky but cops don’t really care anymore, i am with Francis here, we need more people to stop wearing those muzzle outside or else the mandate will last for another 20 years..
    statman likes this.

It is somewhat ironic since only three years ago, majority of the 'brainwashed and shitscared' un-Westernized locals supported protests that the westernized crowd considered to be too defiant and violent.
    I think you got it the wrong way around. The jackboots who believed HK was going into a dark abyss of so-called rioting in 2019 are the same jackboots today who believe masks and talismans will save them in 2022. The same ones who value stability at all costs and kicking the can down the road on all issues until we reach the end of the road and realise we are standing on a cliff.
    D.YU and Crankshaft like this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast