Like Tree131Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

As per the title.

I don't think so.

The local population is conditioned and will wear them forever.

Opinions please.

Just about to return from a short trip outside of Asia. Nobody wearing masks anywhere happily going about their business.

I don't mind wearing masks but it removes so much basic humanity not seeing facial expressions. I guess medieval knights felt the same.

As long as there is one case of cold, flu or covid in greater china.. we must protect our elderly and our country.

It will be a great news, whenever we hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    It will be a great news, whenever we hear that.
    No. I don't see it happening in years.

Xi is 'doubling down'. Whatever that means.

Name:  IMG-20221031-WA0005.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  1.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    As per the title.

I don't think so.

The local population is conditioned and will wear them forever.

Opinions please.

Just about to return from a short trip outside of Asia. Nobody wearing masks anywhere happily going about their business.

I don't mind wearing masks but it removes so much basic humanity not seeing facial expressions. I guess medieval knights felt the same.
    I don't know why but people in this part of the world are conditioned to wear masks and this is not just to do with COVID. I would often see a disproportionately high number of people wear masks as precautionary measures otherwise as well. My friend from the US also noted this when he visited in early 2019.

I travelled out of HK to 12 countries earlier this year. The level of mask wearing was very different from place to place. For example, the US had no mask-wearing. Peru on the other hand even made you wear two masks in some places.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    I don't know why but people in this part of the world are conditioned to wear masks and this is not just to do with COVID. I would often see a disproportionately high number of people wear masks as precautionary measures otherwise as well. My friend from the US also noted this when he visited in early 2019.
    After effects of SARs, at least in HK.. had not heard of N95 before then.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Outdoors i hope so, but yes somewhere between 30 and 60% of people will wear them regardless. Indoors only once Xi is immortalised as a god king and has vanquished all past humiliations, reunited China, and has at least one carrier group on each of the 9 dashes.

north2 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    As per the title.

I don't mind wearing masks but it removes so much basic humanity not seeing facial expressions.
    well doesn't really make a difference compare to usuall...

Having just come back from spending 3.5 months in a place where very few people wore masks, it's a bit of a culture shock to have to wear one most of the time.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast