Like Tree50Likes

Tropical Storm Nalgae - All Signals Lowered

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Now that I'm retired, I applaud the increased productivity in others.
    Retired? I thought you were a young guy? Road the crypto rocket and sold at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Retired? I thought you were a young guy? Road the crypto rocket and sold at the top?
    Immature according to Mrs Traineeinvestor but "young" is not an adjective I can lay claim to. Never fell for crypto scams - I'm finding that the old fashioned ways of losing money still work perfectly well.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Immature according to Mrs Traineeinvestor but "young" is not an adjective I can lay claim to. Never fell for crypto scams - I'm finding that the old fashioned ways of losing money still work perfectly well.
    traineeinvestor is a very disciplined and experienced investor. He used to run a great blog that I used to follow. I think he’s also writing books/novels now? Good to see that you have successfully retired

the old fashioned ways of losing money
    I dunno which direction the gap goes but there is a generation gap. This means gambling or love relationship for me..

Also, T8 only worked 6pm-8am shifts once upon a time. Everyone workaholic now.

with WFH being a norm for many, companies are stepping up and advising staff to just wfh prior to T8 announcements.

Ultimately translate to: just work but from home. no commute delays to interupt productivity!

AliT and shri like this.

T8 at 1:40PM

shri likes this.

It's not raining, not windy at all. Actually the temperature is perfect for outdoor activities now.

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    It's not raining, not windy at all. Actually the temperature is perfect for outdoor activities now.
    The point of a warning is to warn of a potentially risky event in the future not wait until it has already happened then issue the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    Go for it! I'd recommend a spot of wind surfing.

Definitely the Hong Kong attitude is that a T8 means a holiday - in the last hour I've had emails from senior colleagues cancelling online meetings this afternoon, and hoping that I "have a good rest".

I'm in two minds about it - on the one hand I remember when I was a junior member of staff and being very happy at the T8 - a time to have impromptu meetings with friends, have a few beers and relax. However, I also know for many others, work continues whatever the weather.

north2 likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast