Like Tree5Likes

Quarantine Hotel Refund?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quarantine Hotel Refund?

Anyone out there been able to get their extra quarantine hotel days refunded?

Ten weeks on, I still cannot get the hotel to pay me back the extra four days. Any time I contact them, I get one of the following responses.

1. Still processing, we are so busy with refunds we can't possibly do it yet.
    2. We did process your refund, please check with your bank.
    3. There is a delay in your case with the bank.
    4. We can't refund in cash or do any other method beyond refunding to the bank.

All of these are clearly lies and designed to deflect queries to the bank, who can do nothing as they have never been instructed to refund money.

Is there any solution beyond small claims court or filing a complaint with the consumer council? These will take months on end to a year and I can't understand why a large corporate hotel chain would have policies like this.

Surprisingly many of the large hotel chains are franchised out or run as individual subsidiaries. Govt took their cash flow away and your funds are used to keep the lights on, till some sort of regular trade resumes.

Shocking.. but no clue how the credit you have given them can be released.

I got mine from the landmark mandarin just under 4 weeks from my check out date. (Qt reduced from 7 to 3 days whilst i was there). Lots of stories about this on the FB group - you can check them out.

got mine after 8 weeks! woot.

I was quoted 8-12 weeks due to and told that it was 'subject to the mechansim of the different payment gateways' (no idea what that means). I filed an online complaint with the Hong Kong Consumer Council who contacted me for details & background and then the hotel directly and the refund eventually a week later, about 10 weeks from start to finish.

I just got charged for the 3 days so no need to ask for money back.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I was refunded about 2 weeks after I checked out, by iClub Fortress Hill - which was a pleasant surprise...

Request a chargeback on your credit card. Amex liaised with the hotel got me a refund in a couple of days of the request.

shri likes this.

It took about 6 weeks with Ramada, just after they shortened.

I'm still waiting - 12 weeks and counting. Consumer Council on the case - although so far the hotel is still unresponsive.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast