Like Tree44Likes

HK - Omicron "bivalent" BioNTech Vaccine Approved

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Went today for 4th jab in Taikoo Shing. Was quite busy but very speedy. Arrived at 11.20 and out by 11.40ish.

I had covid in August and it seems you can't get the jab 180s after getting covid.

As I got covid outside of HK it seems they don't have a record of it. Just told them I got it in June.

To the Geo internet debaters please do let me know if I a total tool wasting my time getting the jab because I already had covid?

Got to jab. So far just a bit of a sore arm. Will probably pop an ibuprofen tonight.

ArrynField and shri like this.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...674(22)01531-8

Not directly addressing the above, but for your reference.

YMMV.

If someone catches Covid and recently recovers, when is it safe for them to catch up with

1.family & friends
    2. elderly

Quote Originally Posted by chris_in_hk:
    For me I got my bivalent on Tues and a flu shot at the same time (different arms) at CUHK Medical Centre near University Station. Booked ahead, large queue, took me just over an hour to get in and out (including the 15 min wait after the injections).

Slightly sore where they gave me the bivalent injection. Apart from that hardly anything. One of my lesser reactions.
    Same for me. I've not had much of a reaction to any of the four Biontech shots. But this Bivalent was the least. Maybe half the arm soreness and nothing else.

The HKU clinic at Gleneagles Hospital seemed well attended and we were in and out in less than half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    If someone catches Covid and recently recovers, when is it safe for them to catch up with

1.family & friends
    2. elderly
    Assuming they are vaccinated then as you would with flu.

With the border opening imminent might be a good idea to get a booster.

It sounds like many of you have successfully gotten the bivalent jab. I have been trying to book it but get a failure message each time - this is my 5th shot. The failure message is very generic, mentioning loads of things which could be the reason, including full bookings.

I then followed the link to the list of CVCs with bivalent shots available in case I want to try getting an on-the-day ticket, and there are only 5 CVCs on it (HKU, CUHK, Millennium City 5, Tsing Yi MTR, Osman Ramju). Yet several of you seem to be describing going to other CVCs with that shot available - maybe those don't have same-day tickets available?

Anyway, I just wish I could figure out why the booking system is not working for me - had no problem when doing the 4th shot back in April. :-)

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

-Spode

Got my 4th Jab at Virtus in H Zentre is TST (3rd was Virtus in Central but they werent taking online bookings).

Arm was a lot sorer today (jab was yesterday) than i remember it being for previous vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    With the border opening imminent might be a good idea to get a booster.
    Do they recognise BioNTech?

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    It's actually Lai Chi Kok Park - the nearest MTR exit is Mei Foo C1. Had my (so far 3) shots there...
    And had my 4th, bivalent, there this morning. All good so far!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast