Like Tree44Likes

HK - Omicron "bivalent" BioNTech Vaccine Approved

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I got a big red rash around the site of my injection - about 3cm across. Still there (got jabbed on the 6th december). I think I got sunburned when the rash was new and it seems to have done something to the skin!

Quote Originally Posted by spode:
    It sounds like many of you have successfully gotten the bivalent jab. I have been trying to book it but get a failure message each time - this is my 5th shot. The failure message is very generic, mentioning loads of things which could be the reason, including full bookings.

I then followed the link to the list of CVCs with bivalent shots available in case I want to try getting an on-the-day ticket, and there are only 5 CVCs on it (HKU, CUHK, Millennium City 5, Tsing Yi MTR, Osman Ramju). Yet several of you seem to be describing going to other CVCs with that shot available - maybe those don't have same-day tickets available?

Anyway, I just wish I could figure out why the booking system is not working for me - had no problem when doing the 4th shot back in April. :-)

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

-Spode
    I think when I tried to book the bivalent I also got error messages. I booked the normal one instead, and then at the clinic they let me choose the bivalent jab.
    shri and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwood:
    Do they recognise BioNTech?
    Why wouldn't they? They are opening the borders on Jan 3rd. I think at this point new Covid coming in isn't really an issue.

Anyway, I will monitor the border procedures. Presume will be extremely busy the first few weeks. Wondering if they do quotas.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Why wouldn't they? They are opening the borders on Jan 3rd. I think at this point new Covid coming in isn't really an issue.

Anyway, I will monitor the border procedures. Presume will be extremely busy the first few weeks. Wondering if they do quotas.
    What border do you mean ?
    Land / air ? Sorry, not in the loop

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Sorry, not in the loop
    Sorry, it’s a “closed loop”.
    (Joke - ignore.)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    What border do you mean ?
    Land / air ? Sorry, not in the loop
    China.
    Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I think when I tried to book the bivalent I also got error messages. I booked the normal one instead, and then at the clinic they let me choose the bivalent jab.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

I was able to get the system to work correctly for me last night - now have an appointment for the bivalent as a 5th shot late next week, so I did not need to try this, but noted for the future :-)

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    China.
    Hong Kong has been open to travellers from China since April 2021. What is supposed to open on the 3/Jan is quarantine-free (or rather 0+X) travel from Hong Kong to China.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Hong Kong has been open to travellers from China since April 2021. What is supposed to open on the 3/Jan is quarantine-free (or rather 0+X) travel from Hong Kong to China.
    I thought China -> HK permits were restricted ... initially 1000 per day, then went up to 2000 per day?
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I thought China -> HK permits were restricted ... initially 1000 per day, then went up to 2000 per day?
    That quota (along with the registration requirement) was removed at the same time as HK moved to 0+3. So it's been three months already with no limits on inbound travellers from China/Macau.

Not that it mattered though because during the scheme's operation it never got anywhere near the quota (usually running at around 10%).

In fact, they don't even need to do a PCR test before arrival. There is only one single PCR test required on day 2.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/come2hk-scheme.html
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast