Like Tree9Likes

HK - Omicron "bivalent" BioNTech Vaccine Approved

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK - Omicron "bivalent" BioNTech Vaccine Approved

An advisory panel said late on Monday that it would recommend that the government authorise the use of an updated version of a Covid vaccine targeting the Omicron Covid variant.

The administration welcomed the recommendation from the Advisory Panel on Covid-19 Vaccines and said Secretary for Health Lo Chung-mau would come to a decision "as soon as possible" on the use of the updated BioNTech vaccine.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20221108.htm

Will be available before christmas...

Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Hong Kong president William Chui Chun-ming told The Standard on Monday that his association believes the supply for the bivalent BioNTech vaccine will arrive in the SAR by the end of the month and begin to be administered before Christmas after the government releases detailed vaccination arrangements.
    "For people who have already been administered with four doses of BioNtech they may consider administering the bivalent vaccine as the fifth dose.," Chui said.

The bivalent vaccine can be given 60 days after receiving the third or fourth dose, he said, adding that its safety profile is “very similar” to the first-generation vaccine.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/197122/

Got my bivalent vaccine about 3 weeks ago. My fifth shot since April 2021.

I had this one a week or so ago. (My 4th shot). I can feedback that it didn't kill me. Did feel a little rough the next day.

Is this the made in China batch? Not that it should matter

How did you guys book for yours? Both hubby and I tried to book online yesterday and could not get the website to work (tried different browsers etc)

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How did you guys book for yours? Both hubby and I tried to book online yesterday and could not get the website to work (tried different browsers etc)
    I am unable / ineligible as I have had 4 doses. The kid was able to book his for early Jan. Did poke around the site and seems like you need to provide minimal info as long as you have had 3 doses.
    emx likes this.

found the answer to my question

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    You have to click BOTH the 90day and the 180 day questions. It looked obvious to me that it was one or the other, but clearly not to whoever coded the site. I managed to book after this.
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I am unable / ineligible as I have had 4 doses. The kid was able to book his for early Jan. Did poke around the site and seems like you need to provide minimal info as long as you have had 3 doses.
    With the continuing lack of enthusiasm for vaccines, cannot think of a single good reason for disallowing a 5th if it's over 90 or 180 days or whatever the recommendation is.

The vaccine centres are like ghost towns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast