Like Tree34Likes

What is this villa for?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    HK Govt spent $500 million on this villa. The HK population is 7 million. They could have given each HKer HK$1 million and still have money left over. I feel like a HK$1 million check would be life-changing for most people. Yet they wasted it all on a villa and STILL LOST.
    Central govt paid accd the land registry records ... Mere 60M USD ... Chump change for ballers..

HK Govt spent $500 million on this villa. The HK population is 7 million. They could have given each HKer HK$1 million and still have money left over. I feel like a HK$1 million check would be life-changing for most people. Yet they wasted it all on a villa and STILL LOST.
    Umm ... not sure if the math works out quite like that.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 280
Size:  778.7 KB
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Umm ... not sure if the math works out quite like that.
    Name:  FgMwNvvXgAEbRVr.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  143.4 KB

I wouldn't say no to $5 billion from Elon

Maths is hard.

FrancisX likes this.

Central govt paid accd the land registry records
    No.. someone tell me the land registry records have been forged pls. Otherwise, nobody is this dumb😭..screw the stamp duty amount, even if they did pay it, I would still be pissed off.

If they had this money, why not just pass it to HK gov, 5yr state funding and state support for general purposes - hey imagine that, it'll actually boost investors confidence a lot more than some PR drivel or finance summit. I dunno why HK politicians keep trying offer up its arms and legs to China to look useful, I would be demanding stuff from China from the second handover was done like a hungry bird. Or pass it to Hainan or their own MOF to use bcos they clearly need money that they can no longer access domestic otherwise they wouldn't be issuing dimsum bonds via HK to HK and other investors..

In other words, WHY TF would you let Kerry earn this money.. >.<

In other words, WHY TF would you let Kerry earn this money.. >.<
    Kerry did pay the HK Govt something or the other at the land auction, Kerry is one of those dividend paying companies the last time I checked... so its trickled down.

HK$ 500M like I said is chump change... the bigger issue is the discrete wealth transfer that happens in many other areas. Really ... all of this is the cost of doing business IMO.

Trickled down.. ;_; ...I've heard that somewhere before in a diff context.. brain freeze.

But I still don't care, I want HK to get the chump change in primary form and more, I am demanding it :p
    I just think HK gov has not done enough of this to China, and keeps doing the exact opposite, deprioritizing or ignoring its own local needs completely to exalt GBA or some other China province. It's not hk vs china thing, it is just bad governance and bad for local pp/economy. Every province gov should plan and prioritize themselves, that's how it works best.

Not enough facepalm's in the world for this level of arithmetic fail. how many millions in $500 million... is it 500 or it is 7 million with some left over..... lol
    Gatts likes this.

Lets hope George never has any kind of political or military authority. He would most likely start a war with his arithmetic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast