Like Tree34Likes

What is this villa for?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Not enough facepalm's in the world for this level of arithmetic fail. how many millions in $500 million... is it 500 or it is 7 million with some left over..... lol
    Do the maths for this one now!

(USD) $10,000,000,000
    2,805 bd | 2,957 ba | 3,329,831 sqft
    Somewhere in the Caribbean
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.06.49 PM.png
Views: 182
Size:  78.7 KB

https://www.zillow.com/house/royal-caribbean/?noembed

In an obviously amazing school district...

Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.05.37 PM.png
Views: 184
Size:  261.3 KB

Me thinks something went whooosh somewhere in George's post...

As much as I find many of GentleGeorge’s views highly questionable, clearly his post was meant as parody.

The actually dubious part was trying to liken the accurate mocking of the criticism of how a private individual elects to use his money and the loopy math behind it, against a big ticket purchase made by a state using taxpayer money, which is clearly only one in a long list of items we are not likely to see or think about, in what looks like an attempt to diminish the meaningfulness of that figure.

In other words, I wouldn’t doubt his math, only his motivations comparing apples to centipedes.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    ...clearly his post was meant as parody.

My bad - totally missed the parody.

Hi all just to clear up confusion for those of the community who don't spend as much of their time down the crypto meme rabbit hole, the original of this one came from a criticism of Bloomberg's ad spend around an election run a few years ago... https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...can-1-million/

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Not enough facepalm's in the world for this level of arithmetic fail. how many millions in $500 million... is it 500 or it is 7 million with some left over..... lol
    I thought you were British..

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    My bad - totally missed the parody.
    No worries, you correctly sensed there was something wrong with his post, I guess if you haven’t seen the meme before it’s easy enough to attribute it to the most obvious explanation. Did not mean to imply fault of any kind as I am not the most up to date with these things either, just a clarification.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    Trickled down.. ;_; ...I've heard that somewhere before in a diff context.. brain freeze
    It was Reaganomics! :x

Do the maths on this one ... (the article does not say if the buyer was from HK or China...)

On Friday, the 11.15-carat Williamson Pink Star diamond sold in Hong Kong for HK$453.2 million, setting a price-per-carat at auction for any diamond or gemstone, according to Sotheby's .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3