Tourist vaccine requirements for Vaccine Pass

Closed Thread

Tourist vaccine requirements for Vaccine Pass

Hi everyone, I have a few questions regarding entry requirements for tourists. I will be visiting as a tourist for two weeks in December and, while I have read through the government websites, I would just like to clarify a few points.

According to the government posted list, 2 doses of government-approved vaccines makes a person "fully vaccinated". However, looking at the dosage schedule of the Vaccine Pass, it appears that a 3rd dose is needed in order to get the Blue Code needed to enter restaurants? Is this correct? No dining in with just 2 doses?

This all seems fairly straight forward; however, I have heard conflicting information from a few sources, some of them claiming that tourists receive a separate temporary pass that allows them to visit most establishments as long as they are "fully vaccinated" (meaning 2 doses of an approved vaccine). As I cannot find any evidence of this on a government website, I am not inclined to believe them.

Could anyone on here offer any clarification? Is there a separate pass for tourists, or does everyone use the Vaccine Pass? Thank you in advance!

More information on the provisional pass here:

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2050500004.htm

Thank you, shri. That's very helpful.

Is it safe to assume that this Provisional Vaccine Pass is still valid if the info is still on the government website? Just asking, because it was announced in May and I was wondering if the September 0+3 update potentially voided previous conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SideOut:
    Thank you, shri. That's very helpful.

Is it safe to assume that this Provisional Vaccine Pass is still valid if the info is still on the government website? Just asking, because it was announced in May and I was wondering if the September 0+3 update potentially voided previous conditions.
    Here's the update...

https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2022/09/...25028_900.html

I just went to HK last week. I got the temp vaccine pass by doing a self declaration online. The vaccine pass shows up on the leavehomesafe app just like everyone else. So as long as it is blue, you are fine.

Currently 2 shots is fine but things can change in a month so better to just get your 3rd shot.

You need the vaccine pass for all dine in. Even to sit inside a starbucks requires it.

Noted. Thank you both for the good information.