Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By aw451
  • 2 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By seirin

MTR Tsuen Wan Red Line Down

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

100s evacuated..

MTR Tsuen Wan Line reported an incident causing service disruptions as the train carriage doors fell off at Yau Ma Tei station on Sunday morning.

Services between Jordan Station and Lai King Station on Tsuen Wan Line are suspended.

According to pictures of the scene posted on social media platforms, two doors of a Tsuen Wan Line carriage in Yau Ma Tei station were spotted fallen and stuck between the train and the glass partitions.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...-Line-services

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Another door falling off in the same year. Never heard of it before this year.

MTR Corp need to seriously review what's going on
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Yep, second time already. And with the trains being jampacked full nowadays since being 25% shorter than before there's no way to "move inside the compartment" like the recordings suggest. Feck you MTR!

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...-airbags-issue

And another serious safety MTR incident today and yesterday. 2x escalators lost their steps.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...an-MTR-station
    Last edited by aw451; 13-11-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    shri and hullexile like this.

The central incident last year, the mirror screen falling down, now this. Hong Kong is literaly being run off the rails...

A lot of the problems stems from the cultural belief that money is god (and it's great to get rich by any means necessary). This should come as no surprise as infrastracture ages, the honey pot is dwinling from idiotic anti-business (aka anti covid) measures, and the culture of cutting corners pervades. The really interesting Hong Kong story/show is just starting...

north2 likes this.

Was wondering what they used airbags for... I suspect the translation should be air suspension. Very interesting use case for air suspensions.

Had a different setup in my mind and thought these were some sort of car like airbags which inflated on impact...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Was wondering what they used airbags for... I suspect the translation should be air suspension. Very interesting use case for air suspensions.

Had a different setup in my mind and thought these were some sort of car like airbags which inflated on impact...
    Yup, most modern trains use air suspensions to separate the boogies from the carriages. Pretty sure The Standard just uses Google Translate these days.

It seems the latest update is that the train derailed although it's not clear if it's a cause or effect
    shri and angeluscomplex like this.

Sigh. MTR pls pls pls figure this out quickly but properly. Both incidents were when train approaching platform so speed slow. I think any faster would cause a real train catastrophe..

The fact that the last incident findings had nothing to do with air springs, the suspect for this time, is not making me feel better ;_;

Followup in today's Standard..

The equipment at the train's control room by the front was also damaged, which explained why the train captain was not alerted to the emergency exit being opened.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that staff members found out about the situation and reported it to the station control center.

Lee went on to say that a train was traveling from Mong Kok station to Whampoa station at the time, which was why passengers evacuating onto the tracks saw another train passing by.

The station immediately initiated contingency procedures and ordered the next train to stop service and stay at Mong Kok station. Staffers then helped passengers safely retreat back to Mong Kok station and conducted inspections to ensure no one remained on the tracks.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/197201/