Like Tree112Likes

Hong Kong calls for probe after rugby match protest song

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Watched the video...players did not react one way or another no need to toss them under the bus...I mean, what were they supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Watched the video...players did not react one way or another no need to toss them under the bus...I mean, what were they supposed to do?
    I guess look horrified, shocked, offended! And run to get it stopped immediately! They did nothing! (I suspect some might not know the difference between the two songs, being professional rugby players and maybe not very musically inclined or politically engaged? ...)

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I mean, what were they supposed to do?
    Start singing the March of the Volunteers proud and loud to drown out the wrong anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    Bla bla. So unpatriotic to throw our own rugby team under the bus right away, total poison to our country. He should be dismissed from his public role.
    exactly
    why not throw hk as a whole under the bus?!
    what a logic
    Crankshaft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    The team apparently displayed the wrong reaction during the incorrect anthem incident. They should have somehow acted with more indignation e.g shaking their fists at the sky and jumping up and down

"Members of the teams showed no response during the incident," said lawmaker Junius Ho Kwan-yiu, "which is a humiliation to our country."... "the only solution is to dissolve the Hong Kong rugby team."

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...an-Rugby-Seven
    The approved response has been stated

“You should make a T sign, [say] ‘Stop! Stop! Suspend! Wrong song! Wrong national anthem! This is inappropriate!’,” InMedia cited the legislator as saying.
    https://hongkongfp.com/2022/11/14/na...lawmakers-say/

The team apparently displayed the wrong reaction during the incorrect anthem incident. They should have somehow acted with more indignation e.g shaking their fists at the sky and jumping up and down

"Members of the teams showed no response during the incident," said lawmaker Junius Ho Kwan-yiu, "which is a humiliation to our country."... "the only solution is to dissolve the Hong Kong rugby team."

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...an-Rugby-Seven
    Anyone still listen to this guy??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK:
    Anyone still listen to this guy??
    If he and his comrades stopped their posturing, the international press would have probably not picked up the story. Instead, it is now an ongoing discussion and again making both the city and country look bad because of the childish overreaction.
    north2, Andy SNK, Gatts and 3 others like this.

;_; more junius ho.. multiplied overnight.. how come.

These 3 bozos should all be fucking dismissed from their public roles immediately. Say patriotic but there is nothing patriotic abt this self-serving drama. Flinging dirt at the rugby team to show just how outraged they really are therefore totally patriotic and on the ball. Poor rugby team, they must be like ..wtf..

aw451 likes this.

childish overreaction.
    This I agree
    north2 likes this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast