Like Tree5Likes

Isolation Order question

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Isolation Order question

I just returned from overseas to HK and tested positive on Day 2 post-arrival PCR test. Since then I've stayed at home and filled out the requisite forms, but still have not received an isolation order. I called the health dept several times to enquire about this and they said they would look into it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, our 9-month old baby has just tested RAT positive on Day 3 of our Isolation. We've filled in the form and logged this, but are similarly waiting for guidance about how long he needs to isolate (I assume 14 days, as he is obviously unvaccinated).

My question is: do we ALL need to isolate for as long as our baby? Or are me and my wife free to leave the flat on Day 7 assuming 2 x consecutive RAT tests?

The system is absolutely infuriating - of course.

Day 8, day you test + is "zero", did you fill in the online form for PCR +? You should get an instant SMS text with link to download the order.

shri likes this.

"do we ALL need to isolate for as long as our baby? Or are me and my wife free to leave the flat on Day 7 assuming 2 x consecutive RAT tests?"

According to the bumpf I have from my isolation order - people with less than/eq to 1 jab have to isolate for minimum of 14 days. They can RAT on day 14 but if still +ve must continue to isolate until-ve result is obtained.

Assuming you and your wife are fully jabbed (2 or greater vax) then as long as you obtain day 6/7 negative results you no longer need to isolate.

Your problem at the moment though appears to be your lack of an official isolation order...

Thanks for the replies

I spoke to someone else at the Department of Health who said that it was normal for there to be a bit of a delay between the declaration of a positive PCR test and receipt of an isolation order. She said there is a massive back-log at the moment.

Anyway, the system is incredibly unintuitive, and none of the various online submission tools appear to talk to each other.

As it stands, as soon as I get my two consecutive RATs, I can do the declaration through LeaveHomeSafe and leave isolation.

Sorry for my native question:
    If for all practical purposes you're already self isolating why is there a need to receive a formal isolation notice?

my 2 cents: get the paperwork in order and ensure your positive results are logged. In case of future CTNs or travel, this may be important.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mpbk:
    Sorry for my native question:
    If for all practical purposes you're already self isolating why is there a need to receive a formal isolation notice?
    Not everyone can work from home. Besides if you are caught in the airport screening it is not self isolation.. technically it is mandatory isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by JP89:
    My question is: do we ALL need to isolate for as long as our baby? Or are me and my wife free to leave the flat on Day 7 assuming 2 x consecutive RAT tests?
    You do not need to isolate beyond 2 consecutive negative RAT tests.

I had same experience in June and system + departments are unlinked and running around like headless chicken. Funnier part is; person with positive test would have their isolation starting day counted from the test date whereas close contacts (baby in your case) would have their countdown start from day of declaration. So it might very well happen that baby would do 14+ days of isolation !

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    You do not need to isolate beyond 2 consecutive negative RAT tests.

I had same experience in June and system + departments are unlinked and running around like headless chicken. Funnier part is; person with positive test would have their isolation starting day counted from the test date whereas close contacts (baby in your case) would have their countdown start from day of declaration. So it might very well happen that baby would do 14+ days of isolation !
    This is exactly what happened. Our son tested positive a couple of days back and needs to stay inside now until early December... The administration really has grasped every opportunity to punish, scapegoat and inconvenience children over the last three years. Sad.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not everyone can work from home. Besides if you are caught in the airport screening it is not self isolation.. technically it is mandatory isolation.
    My original question was related to the official order that he wants and have not received. Since he's already isolating, "paperwork" or not doesn't change anything.
    On second reading, I think why he wants the paperwork is for the instructions that it might contain.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast