Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By rani

COVID Recovery certificates

COVID Recovery certificates

Has anyone had any experience of obtaining a COVID recovery certificate in the UK and using it to travel into Hong Kong?

We have some family visiting us in the coming months, and it seems like a COVID recovery certificate is a good way offset the risk of testing positive and receiving an isolation order. My understanding is that if you have a COVID recovery certificate, any positive PCR test in HK will be treated as a re-positive and therefore an isolation order won't be issued. Is that correct?

Is it easy to get one of these certificates in the UK, and how do you go about getting one? I've seen a few websites offering them, but they look quite scammy. Is there any requirement for proof? If so, what kind of proof?

Having caught it overseas and just came back to HK this week, I just marked the health declaration that I had caught covid outside of HK, and I was never asked to provide a recovery certificate.

No issues so far.

https://hdf.chp.gov.hk/dhehd/?lang=e...hoKIknSPvCkZGs

Quote Originally Posted by JP89:
    We have some family visiting us in the coming months,
    When did they recover from covid?

I also got it this summer in London. Did a PCR test for proof but didn't bother with recovery certificate. A friend who's a health expert said if I fly back 14 days from testing + it's obvious I've recovered. I declared on arrival that I had had it 6 weeks ago and that was it. All PCRs in HK negative.

emx and muzzdang like this.