Like Tree67Likes

Finally got COVID...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    I'm not being lazy, but where can I find the declaration form to end isolation after testing negative? Can't find any link in the lovely handbook they gave me...
    There was a link at the bottom of one of the texts they sent me when I tested positive.
    shri and NTCP88 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    I finally got COVID, yay. I’ve been travelling quite a lot the past two months to Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and last week Taiwan.

Did my RAT test preflight, negative. Was not feeling 100%, but thought this was from some late nights out and work-related stress. Arrived on Sunday in HK from Taipei at 7pm in HK, did PCR, received result at 2am, positive.

Government came to my place yesterday afternoon. Gave me that ‘StayHomeSafe’ bracelet, RAT tests, masks, and some Chinese medicines.

Today is my third day and obviously still positive. I feel perfectly fine, no fever, no sore throat, no loss of taste and smell, no chest pain, etc. Just a runny nose and a cough, nothing to be concerned about, just a normal cold, although it feels a bit different, difficult to describe.

Some of my friends tested negative after 5 days, others after 14 days. Don’t think I can sit at home for 14 days. Anyone here who got COVID recently? How long did it take to test negative?
    I had it recently, also my first time despite no doubt being exposed to it multiple times. 4 jabs, last in early July.

I tested positive for 11 days. Felt a bit rough the first few days - achey, fatigued, worse than a cold but not as bad as the worst bout of flu I've had. After a few days I felt better apart from a cough and blocked nose, and ongoing tiredness. I was getting very frustrated as everyone else in my household started testing negative after 3 days (my asymptomatic vaccinated 4yo who had just had his BionTech booster (after 2 Sinovac), and 8 days (the other adults with milder symptoms than mine), and 10 days (1yo, only had Sinovac).

At some point after a week or so I started getting sinus pain - bit of googling showed it's not a typical Covid symptom. On day 11 the pain was quite bad and so I had a remote consult with my GP who said that almost all his patients who are still testing positive by 10 days have had a sinus infection at the same time as Covid. His theory is it stops the Covid virus being cleared by the body and so continue to test positive on a RAT. He prescribed various drugs to clear my sinuses which gave me relief very quickly - 6 hours later I got my first negative RAT.

Another tip - the RATs the government gave us are way more sensitive than those we bought on HKTVMall. As far as I'm aware there's no rule saying you have to use the government RATs to get out of isolation.

Have no need it for it and I hate clutter on my phone

drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    There was a link at the bottom of one of the texts they sent me when I tested positive.
    Thanks! Clicked a few links, couldn't find it. Will call them tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Another tip - the RATs the government gave us are way more sensitive than those we bought on HKTVMall. As far as I'm aware there's no rule saying you have to use the government RATs to get out of isolation.
    Thanks, and you are right. The RATs from the Gov. show a clear +, the ones the Taiwanese Gov. gave me (all arrival passengers get them), show a very faded + line. They are from Abbott, not that it matters, or maybe it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Have no need it for it and I hate clutter on my phone
    What about eating out, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    What about eating out, etc?
    Two different apps:

Leave Home Safe - used for going out

Stay Home Safe - used for those required to isolate at home etc

I deleted my Stay Home Safe app as soon as I finished isolation.
    emx, north2 and drumbrake like this.

I had it recently, also my first time despite no doubt being exposed to it multiple times. 4 jabs, last in early July.

I tested positive for 11 days. Felt a bit rough the first few days - achey, fatigued, worse than a cold but not as bad as the worst bout of flu I've had. After a few days I felt better apart from a cough and blocked nose, and ongoing tiredness. I was getting very frustrated as everyone else in my household started testing negative after 3 days (my asymptomatic vaccinated 4yo who had just had his BionTech booster (after 2 Sinovac), and 8 days (the other adults with milder symptoms than mine), and 10 days (1yo, only had Sinovac).
    Am I reading it right? Your kids under 5 years of age have had covid vaccination? Why?
    FrancisX likes this.

At some point after a week or so I started getting sinus pain - bit of googling showed it's not a typical Covid symptom. On day 11 the pain was quite bad and so I had a remote consult with my GP who said that almost all his patients who are still testing positive by 10 days have had a sinus infection at the same time as Covid. His theory is it stops the Covid virus being cleared by the body and so continue to test positive on a RAT. He prescribed various drugs to clear my sinuses which gave me relief very quickly - 6 hours later I got my first negative RAT.
    Sounds like a good GP, can you share their details?

And do you remember what drugs you were prescribed? My wife has a lot of sinus issues, so curious to know which ones you were given for quick relief.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Two different apps:

Leave Home Safe - used for going out

Stay Home Safe - used for those required to isolate at home etc

I deleted my Stay Home Safe app as soon as I finished isolation.
    Just checked again to make sure which one he was talking about and indeed it was the LHS one, hence my initial question. Unless he meant SHS?