Like Tree67Likes

Finally got COVID...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Finally got COVID...

I finally got COVID, yay. I’ve been travelling quite a lot the past two months to Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and last week Taiwan.

Did my RAT test preflight, negative. Was not feeling 100%, but thought this was from some late nights out and work-related stress. Arrived on Sunday in HK from Taipei at 7pm in HK, did PCR, received result at 2am, positive.

Government came to my place yesterday afternoon. Gave me that ‘StayHomeSafe’ bracelet, RAT tests, masks, and some Chinese medicines.

Today is my third day and obviously still positive. I feel perfectly fine, no fever, no sore throat, no loss of taste and smell, no chest pain, etc. Just a runny nose and a cough, nothing to be concerned about, just a normal cold, although it feels a bit different, difficult to describe.

Some of my friends tested negative after 5 days, others after 14 days. Don’t think I can sit at home for 14 days. Anyone here who got COVID recently? How long did it take to test negative?

The Mrs tested +ve in the UK - was -ve in 4 or 5 days. An elderly relative (80+) tested +ve on arrival and -ve in 6 days. No major symptoms and both had 3 doses.

Drunken Master, emx and NTCP88 like this.

I returned to HK in October with a negative RAT test and no symptoms. Surprised to test positive on arrival and got the visit from the hazmat wearing DOH staffer who slapped a tracking bracelet on my wrist and gave me a plastic bag full of stuff (most of which ended up heading to landfill).

Daily RAT tests were all negative so I filled out the declaration on day 7 and my LHS QR code switched from red to blue in time to head out for lunch.

Being stuck at home was a bit frustrating but better than being sent to Penny's Bay. Tried putting some structure into my day to pass the time.

NTCP88, shri, drumbrake and 3 others like this.

Obviously being stuck at home is better than being sent to Penn's Bay. Just extremely annoying.

Not sure if the DOH person did it on purpose, but the bracelet is extremely loose. I even showed him that I can slip it easily over my hand, he didn't care.

I'm actually not wearing it, just moving it around every few few hours from one room to another room. Not sure how accurate it tracks movement, doesn't look that sophisticated.

I disabled the camera tracking option. I'm not a tech guy, so I have no idea if they can actually turn on the camera without me knowing it.

Those are not even DoH staffers ... random contractors who just want to get the hell away from infected people.

jgl, muzzdang, Mrs. Jones and 4 others like this.

World + dog has got covid so far.

I had it about 2 months ago. Accidentally on purpose forgot to inform the authorities so didnt get gifted an ASBO tracker.
    Ran out of lateral flow test kits after day 7 & couldnt be bothered to get more. Dont have the LHS app so nothing to worry about there.
    Was ill for 2 days (still had taste and smell), had aching joints, 40c fever, sporadic sleep but that was it, just like any other flu.

NTCP88 and Drunken Master like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    Obviously being stuck at home is better than being sent to Penn's Bay. Just extremely annoying.

Not sure if the DOH person did it on purpose, but the bracelet is extremely loose. I even showed him that I can slip it easily over my hand, he didn't care.

I'm actually not wearing it, just moving it around every few few hours from one room to another room. Not sure how accurate it tracks movement, doesn't look that sophisticated.

I disabled the camera tracking option. I'm not a tech guy, so I have no idea if they can actually turn on the camera without me knowing it.
    What camera tracking option?

When you open the 'StayHomeSafe' app you see the serial number, and your contact number. Underneath is written 'User can op-out from all camera, bluetooth and location services permissions after completion of the quarantine period'.

I checked app settings on my phone 'Allow Stay Home Safe To Access: location, bluetooth, Camera, Cellular Data' . I disabled camera and put tape on all cameras, just in case. Maybe I'm overreacting...

Mrs. Jones, aw451 and drumbrake like this.

3 jabs. Tested positive for 6 days. No fever, but sore throat and severe cough. Taste buds work fine. Muscle ache for the first three days. That said, I haven’t had flu for the past three years.
    My husband is on day 5, and kid is on day 4.

NTCP88 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast