Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By traineeinvestor
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By shri

Plugging the deficit

Closed Thread

Plugging the deficit

One piece of legislation I don't have a problem with even if I suspect it won't do much to plug the deficit:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...for-litterbugs

This is more like doubling the plastic bag duty at supermarkets, its only half effective (if at all)..

Follow up/execution is more important than simply doubling the fine, FEHD should hire more temporary staffs and literally litter them across the districts to catch the offenders, current fine is good enough for deterence (speaking from personal neglegence and consequence ).. Staff salaries could easily be covered by collected fines and more employement generated, win-win..

interesting title for this post... news didn't surprised me but title made me laugh after seeing the news in the post.

Good. Should make it a 10k fine.

Some day over drinks someone ask me what an amazing bunch of folks FEHD are...

vmlinuz likes this.

Good. Couldn't be happier if they did.

Oh dear.

Hoping simple laws (banning things with large punishments) is not a good way to nudge people to use bins.

Perhaps start by emptying street bins in poor areas more regularly than affluent areas rather than visa versa.

Name:  Hong-Kong-Facing-Monumental-Waste-Crisis-With-Disposal-Rates-Highest-Ever.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  173.7 KB

shri likes this.

I pass this area every morning and it's the same... Usually without a door...

Name:  Screenshot_2022-12-08-05-54-19-804-edit_com.whatsapp.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  634.5 KB

East_coast likes this.