Like Tree6Likes

Dec 8th - Isolation Reduced to 5 days

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dec 8th - Isolation Reduced to 5 days

Local media reporting that in today's 4PM press conference it will be announced that

- infected patients and close contacts will have their home isolation reduced to 5 days from the current 7.
    - arrivals will have to do daily RAT tests for 5 days and not 7.

The number of confirmed cases in Hong Kong has risen to 10,000 recently, but with the Mainland relaxing its epidemic prevention measures, sources said the Hong Kong government will announce at its weekly epidemic press conference this afternoon (8) the relaxation of some of its epidemic prevention measures, including shortening the quarantine period for confirmed patients and close contacts from 7 days to 5 days, and reducing the daily fast-testing requirement for incoming passengers from 7 days to 5 days, while maintaining the social distance measure and the mask order.
    https://www.hk01.com/%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C...%81%9E/844710/
    traineeinvestor and NTCP88 like this.

Drip, drip, drip

Hong Kong's back, baby!

Feels like some very marginal measures in response to pressure that something had to be announced on the back of the China measures

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Feels like some very marginal measures in response to pressure that something had to be announced on the back of the China measures
    Don't know about that, it's all been steady incremental changes for a while now.

This seems like a noteworthy milestone though in that the recommended isolation period here is now in line with the USA and presumably similar jurisdictions.

So, what's left now? Daily RAITs. Mask mandate. Social distancing rules. Leave Home Safe app.

Speaking of which, other than for restaurants, are people still checking in on that Leave Home app?

In my area, it feels like a long time since I've noticed anyway scanning it for shops and malls.

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    Don't know about that, it's all been steady incremental changes for a while now.

This seems like a noteworthy milestone though in that the recommended isolation period here is now in line with the USA and presumably similar jurisdictions.

So, what's left now? Daily RAITs. Mask mandate. Social distancing rules. Leave Home Safe app.

Speaking of which, other than for restaurants, are people still checking in on that Leave Home app?

In my area, it feels like a long time since I've noticed anyway scanning it for shops and malls.
    Don't forget forced isolation with being tagged and compulsory testing orders.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Don't forget forced isolation with being tagged and compulsory testing orders.
    Oh, are those CTNs still happening? I've long since tuned all this stuff out.

And is anyone still being quarantined in government facilities? If so, is that just people with home arrangements deemed to be inadequate?

Are wrist bands still a thing? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    The same people who wear masks in their own cars and press lift buttons with a tissue definitely are. But I have never scanned into anywhere that isn't a restaurant or other proper vaccine pass check.

I reckon outdoor masks will go first, after CNY. Group gatherings rules are too useful for preventing protests/riots/incitement to incite etc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast