Like Tree66Likes

An end to outdoor masks?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Given that its common to see locals running outdoors with a mask on, in areas where there are almost no people. I tend to agree, 2029 they will still wear mask.
    Some, not all. In terms of exercise, I see as many expats wearing masks as locals, and as many locals as expats not wearing them.

In answer to the question though:
    Outdoors - always
    Indoors - sometimes, but usually around the chin

God I never know why some people write multiple posts obsessing about masks and how rebellious they are for not wearing one. "Not wearing a mask" is not a personality. Nobody cares.

If people who work in food service keep wearing masks on the job, that would be great.

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKthe:
    God I never know why some people write multiple posts obsessing about masks and how rebellious they are for not wearing one. "Not wearing a mask" is not a personality. Nobody cares.
    You care enough to have a reaction and then take the time to type out your feelings.

Keep not caring...

(I bet you wear masks too)
    Insomnia likes this.

Philipppines now only has mandatory mask wearing on public transport. It appears nobody got the email. Even my friend was surprised when I told her! Pretty much 100 percent wearing inside and about 90 percent outside. HK will be the same even if they drop it... probably go back to being handed a mask on the bus if not wearing one like I was in early 2020!

If there is one place where wearing masks is not stupid, it's in public transport. Anyway, live and let live, what I find more annoying is those thinking themselves wiser for the choices they make. Plenty of good reasons to wear masks outside from keeping the sun off your face, to being anonymous, to slightly reducing the amount of pollution that goes into your lungs. Some expats may laugh at locals wearing masks outdoors, some locals also have a good laugh at expats looking like crispy pork or char siu on the beach.

periphery831 and Mary 2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Philipppines now only has mandatory mask wearing on public transport. It appears nobody got the email. Even my friend was surprised when I told her! Pretty much 100 percent wearing inside and about 90 percent outside. HK will be the same even if they drop it... probably go back to being handed a mask on the bus if not wearing one like I was in early 2020!
    But I see photos on the news and it seems about 50% indoors. The President and senior officials very rarely wear a mask even in large gatherings. In my kids classrooms it is about 70% wearing. Teachers rarely wear.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    If there is one place where wearing masks is not stupid, it's in public transport. Anyway, live and let live, what I find more annoying is those thinking themselves wiser for the choices they make. Plenty of good reasons to wear masks outside from keeping the sun off your face, to being anonymous, to slightly reducing the amount of pollution that goes into your lungs. Some expats may laugh at locals wearing masks outdoors, some locals also have a good laugh at expats looking like crispy pork or char siu on the beach.
    Yes. Because things like sun cream and hats don't exist, and you're not gonna look like even more of an idiot when your mouth area is white and the rest of your face is red, and wearing a mask on a hot humid HK day does not make it feel worse at all.

Please tell me you were kidding about that part.
    Flapster and FrancisX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Yes. Because things like sun cream and hats don't exist, and you're not gonna look like even more of an idiot when your mouth area is white and the rest of your face is red, and wearing a mask on a hot humid HK day does not make it feel worse at all.

If you know anything about Asia, you would know that for many especially ladies, they want that translucent white skin and a hat and sunscreen are not enough. If you haven't seen the ladies WITH the hat, the glasses AND the mask, you are blind. If you've ever been to Vietnam, you would know that even before the pandemic, many, many people covered their faces with scarves, masks, hats etc... So yeah, many don't really care about wearing a mask and I imagine some laugh at foreigners for making such a fuss for a tiny piece of fabric. Then again, a good number often think that foreigners are a bit soft so this just reinforces that perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:

There was an attendant at the jazz fest a while back with a full on mask tan, outside the mask looked like a day labourer, underneath a geisha.

In the same vein when will they stop doing temperature checks? Have they ever discovered someone with high fever?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast