Like Tree66Likes

An end to outdoor masks?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    So easy to portray things one way or another... Often read on this board...Locals are little lemmings that follow government policy yet the same people walked on the streets to the tune of millions when it mattered to them. The mighty foreigners fighting against big bad government policies or complaining about a tiny piece of fabric on their nose which was already worn by many for years all over Asia for various reasons. So yeah some might wear it until they die simply because it's NBF deal to wear one. I have no issues if mandates are kept for people handling food and in public transport. I call that good hygiene...
    I'd bet that the mask mandate won't last long, but the ban on public gatherings will. The COVID measures in Hong Kong aren't exactly science-based.

Side note, except the jailed American lawyer, I haven't seen many 'mighty foreigners fighting against big bad government policies' in Hong Kong.

Even if they get rid of the masks, my bet is most locals will still wear them.

Frankly, I don't even follow what's happening in HK Covid news. So boring and repetitive.

The rest of the world doesn't care. Join them, HK.

statman likes this.

First time I walked with my mask under my chin on purpose past a lone cop today to see his response. The dog pointed at my face with his fines book while saying "hey sir" in a stern voice.

2023 in a week and this BS is still policed. Also want to confirm, does the Mainland have an outdoors mask policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    First time I walked with my mask under my chin on purpose past a lone cop today to see his response. The dog pointed at my face with his fines book while saying "hey sir" in a stern voice.

2023 in a week and this BS is still policed. Also want to confirm, does the Mainland have an outdoors mask policy?
    Mainland policy is regional. Most places have not required masks outside for ages.
    Crankshaft likes this.

I can only go by my personal observation since the 28th rule change but a very small decrease/almost no change in mask wearing outdoors in Tai Mei Tuk over the last holiday weekend, noticeably less on the beach and a large decrease up in the country park today!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7