Like Tree66Likes

14th Dec: Amber Code / LHS Scanning / CTN

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

14th Dec: Amber Code / LHS Scanning / CTN

The city will also lift restrictions on arrivals, putting an end to the “0+3” scheme by scrapping an amber health code that restricts arrivals who tested negative for the coronavirus from entering premises such as restaurants on their first three days in the city.
    and

Under the new measures, people would not need to scan QR codes with their LeaveHomeSafe app to record visits to premises, but restaurant patrons and entrants to designated venues still need to present their vaccination records.
    Reduced CTN also announced during the 3PM press conf along with reduced PCR testing for residential buildings.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/198149/
    Last edited by shri; 13-12-2022 at 03:56 PM.

But with the move, Hong Kong is effectively adopting the 0+0 regime, and all incoming travellers who test negative will be given a blue code on their health app and can move about the city freely.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ticle/3203077/

All hail Lord John Lee.

We still have the test on arrival though (a source of fear for any arriving tourist).

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    All hail Lord John Lee.

We still have the test on arrival though (a source of fear for any arriving tourist).
    And day 2 PCR according to folks who keep track of this...
    Rob2020 and BCD like this.

So, from what I gather ... you don't need to scan the restaurant QR code. Just need to show them your blue vaccine pass. Not sure if this will be actively scanned to make sure you're not showing them someone else's vaccine pass.

emx likes this.

This means they listened to experts in the mainland that held up blank pieces of A4 paper?

muzzdang, vmlinuz, Gatts and 12 others like this.

0+0 but still 2 PCRs? Scraping LHS but keeping the VP? So effectively still scanning into restaurants. The only change here being arrivals can go directly from HKIA to yum cha...

The convoluted nature of everything here continues to outshine anywhere else in the world, Asia's piecemeal city!

muzzdang and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    This means they listened to experts in the mainland that held up blank pieces of A4 paper?
    [

]

So if only vaccine pass required for restaurant and scheduled premised. That means we can get finally get rid of LHS app and just bring along the QR code from our vaccinnation record?

After the press release from yesterday i thought that LHS is here to stay. Quote from secretary of health:
    “So I would say that we may adjust the functions of the LeaveHomeSafe app, but I think the app is a very good app which has helped Hong Kong in the fight against the pandemic."
    Curious about what will be the function of this LHS app then in the future. I guess they will just scrap it after a while, because no one will be using it.

rkenia852 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast