Like Tree8Likes

Outing Advice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Outing Advice

The residents of my Care Home, where I have been incarcerated for more than 3 years, are looking forward, at last, to a trip out . We cannot leave the chosen transport ( what transport is not yet decided) so all it will be ( hey it's a start) is a short trip where we can look out of the windows. I said it would be nice for them to see the Christmas decorations on various building, but this has to be in daytime. We haven't seen much but four walls for so long. Any ideas as to where to take them?

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    The residents of my Care Home, where I have been incarcerated for more than 3 years, are looking forward, at last, to a trip out . We cannot leave the chosen transport ( what transport is not yet decided) so all it will be ( hey it's a start) is a short trip where we can look out of the windows. I said it would be nice for them to see the Christmas decorations on various building, but this has to be in daytime. We haven't seen much but four walls for so long. Any ideas as to where to take them?
    How about the airport

Sorry i have no useful input but hope you find something.

A drive through downtown from Eastern harbour will show some lights in the early evening.

Bride's Pool Road and Tai Mo Shan route twisk are both scenic drives as would be Happy Valley up the hill and down to Stanley - Shek O

huja likes this.

Just some nice view that isn't four dull walls.....

Thanks, Cornmeal, those are great.

Cornmeal likes this.

Pok Fu Lam Road in the sunset (or day time for that matter) overlooking the sea and the islands will probably not disappoint either.

rkenia852 likes this.

"How about the airport?"

Had me in stitches!

The view of HK at night from the TST promenade is nice... Almost back to normal. Might be better for CNY...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The view of HK at night from the TST promenade is nice... Almost back to normal. Might be better for CNY...
    Good luck getting a bus onto the promenade!
    chingleutsch and Insomnia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    Make a game out of it. First one to spot/take a picture of XXX wins something.

Do your homework. Have someone(s) prepare a bit of history/background of some of the sites you will drive past and make the "tour guide" spiel as you come upon it.

Have a designated photographer (staff member/chaperone) take pictures of each person with something notable in the background.

In short, inject some action into the outing rather than make it a quiet and caged drive through the City.
    BCD, jabalong and ren32 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast