Like Tree62Likes

12/28 - PCR & Vaccine Pass Press Conf

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Gutsy SCMP reporter asking questions that should not be asked.

Wonder who that is.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Also what about the elderly and children? I thought that is why all the measures were in place.
    They will have to take responsibility for their own health, according to the new party line from China.
    shri likes this.

Do we need to do the RAT before leaving HK? For travel?

is this how not to lie flat?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Will be live here at 3:30PM ... Will update this thread closer to the press conf start.

Rumors: https://geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread364927.html

Attending

Live Stream @ 3:30PM

https://webcast.info.gov.hk/revamp/eng/livecast.html
    Announcements
    • Measures to be relaxed from tomorrow 29th December.

• Lifting of quarantine orders - no quarantine orders for close contacts. Health advisories will be issued. No mandatory testing or quarantine for close contacts. They can move above freely, but need to be self aware and not go around licking MTR poles.

Arrangements for +ve cases remains the same - for both escalation and isolation.

• Vaccine Pass to be cancelled.

• Remove all mandatory PCR tests for ALL inbound travellers do not need mandatory PCR tests. RATs will be required from day 0-5. Will need a RAT 24 or PCR 48 hours before departure. No health code / declaration to be done. People can do this if they want and keep a copy of their RAT or PCR for inspection if required.

PCR test on arrival is cancelled. All arriving passengers to do RAT (suggested) from day 0-5.

• All social distancing measures cancelled - distance between tables, seating capacity restrictions & group gathering restrictions. Remove restrictions on catering premises. I think this includes RAT requirements from staff - check with your employers if you're a F&B employee.

• Wearing of masks mandatory on public transport and public places.

• Aimed at medical tourists? A&E will only provide treatment for severe cases. A&E will charge non-eligible persons 1xxx$ to ensure tourists don't arrive for treatment / medication.

• Aimed at medical tourists? Private doctors can order Covid medication and provide to their +ve patients. (Approx 6000$ if I heard correctly)

• Aimed at medical tourists? Changes being made to giving bi-valent / booster doses. 30 days requirement ... Toughing up for vaccination rules for private and public facilities. Will get more info, the conf is confusing.

• Targeting 15th of Jan for approval for "gradual and orderly" opening of borders... Gradual flight train and sea resumption. At land check points there were close 500K transfers a day. This has been suspended for 3 year - need to resume and ramp up capacity at these points. The concern is support infrastructure (think buses, taxes, MTR etc) at these land points.
    What is the definition of public places? Is that still everywhere outdoors?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Gutsy SCMP reporter asking questions that should not be asked.

Wonder who that is.
    What questions did he ask?

the city had built a strong immunity barrier and achieved an ideal vaccination rate at 94 per cent, an important basis for the resumption of socio-economic activities.
    Ah I see, that was where they moved the 70% goalpost to. Now it all makes sense. Well done CHP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Elderly have had years to get vaccinated. Their lives, their risk. Can’t keep a city locked down indefinitely to protect one cohort of refuseniks.
    Too many of them around anyway, clogging the already crowded sidewalks with their slow walking. So good riddance to the unvaxxed ones.

Ps. When I'm that old and slow then I won't hold anything against the younger folk saying the same about me.
    Mrs. Jones, Cheeky Kiwi and AliT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    Do we need to do the RAT before leaving HK? For travel?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    No.
    No need for RAT or PCR when coming back into HK?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast