Like Tree62Likes

12/28 - PCR & Vaccine Pass Press Conf

Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Since September you have had to declare a negative RAT result before boarding but in two trips no one ever checked it on the HK side. Never checked the daily RAT photos either.
    With the new announcements yesterday, airlines outside HK will no longer check RAT before boarding? I am flying out tomorrow and coming back early Jan. I am extremely nervous the airlines have not updated their boarding requirements and I am left shit out of luck.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    44,925

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    44,925
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeshiT:
    Does this mean unvaccinated non-residents can enter Hong Kong?
    The requirement for non-Hong Kong residents to be fully vaccinated for boarding a flight to Hong Kong from overseas places will remain unchanged for the time being.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2122800773.htm

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,401
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    With the new announcements yesterday, airlines outside HK will no longer check RAT before boarding? I am flying out tomorrow and coming back early Jan. I am extremely nervous the airlines have not updated their boarding requirements and I am left shit out of luck.
    So just do a RAT test before you board, it takes only 15 minutes for peace of mind and one less hassle at the airport before your return.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    So just do a RAT test before you board, it takes only 15 minutes for peace of mind and one less hassle at the airport before your return.
    Previously, RAT test needs to be administered by a recognized lab. Self test is easy, but I am not sure if that is what is allowed.

    All inbound persons (aged three or above on the date of arrival at Hong Kong), regardless of being from the Mainland, Macao, Taiwan or overseas places, are required to conduct an RAT within 24 hours, or undergo a polymerase chain reaction-based nucleic acid test within 48 hours, prior to the scheduled time of flight departure (for those entering Hong Kong via the airport) or the scheduled time of arrival at Hong Kong (for those entering Hong Kong via other boundary control points), and obtain a negative result for entering Hong Kong. Upon receiving the test results, relevant persons should keep the photos showing the test results or the test report for 90 days for presentation for checking on request by Government personnel. They may also voluntarily declare the test result via the Department of Health's electronic health declaration form.

    I assume this means you are supposed to do a self RAT before boarding while keeping a photo for auditing.

    I am not confident all airlines and airport staff are fully aware of these changes.... PTSD is real.

  6. #36

    The requirement for quite some time now has just been a self-administered RAT. So most airlines should be aware that this is sufficient for entry. It sounds like the only real pre-boarding change is that you no longer need to do the health declaration to get the green code prior to flying to HK.

    emx likes this.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by sceeerutinizer:
    The requirement for quite some time now has just been a self-administered RAT. So most airlines should be aware that this is sufficient for entry. It sounds like the only real pre-boarding change is that you no longer need to do the health declaration to get the green code prior to flying to HK.
    Great. I have not been following the constant changes and idiotic rules.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Previously, RAT test needs to be administered by a recognized lab. Self test is easy, but I am not sure if that is what is allowed.

    All inbound persons (aged three or above on the date of arrival at Hong Kong), regardless of being from the Mainland, Macao, Taiwan or overseas places, are required to conduct an RAT within 24 hours, or undergo a polymerase chain reaction-based nucleic acid test within 48 hours, prior to the scheduled time of flight departure (for those entering Hong Kong via the airport) or the scheduled time of arrival at Hong Kong (for those entering Hong Kong via other boundary control points), and obtain a negative result for entering Hong Kong. Upon receiving the test results, relevant persons should keep the photos showing the test results or the test report for 90 days for presentation for checking on request by Government personnel. They may also voluntarily declare the test result via the Department of Health's electronic health declaration form.

    I assume this means you are supposed to do a self RAT before boarding while keeping a photo for auditing.

    I am not confident all airlines and airport staff are fully aware of these changes.... PTSD is real.
    Relax, you are overthinking it. Nobody asks to see your RAT test before departure anymore, so just do the declaration (don't even have to physically do the RAT) and show it to the check-in staff if they ask.

    If you are that worried then just keep a pic of a neg test on your phone or a test in your bag in the highly unlikely event of them asking for proof.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Relax, you are overthinking it. Nobody asks to see your RAT test before departure anymore, so just do the declaration (don't even have to physically do the RAT) and show it to the check-in staff if they ask.

    If you are that worried then just keep a pic of a neg test on your phone or a test in your bag in the highly unlikely event of them asking for proof.
    Yes I am overthinking. Never had this kind of PTSD before lol.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    850

    I was wondering abt this.. quarantine req if you now test positive. I think the only change is close contacts not needed anymore, the rest same as before.

    3. What happens if I catch Covid-19 in Hong Kong?
    Those who test positive via RAT or PCR in the city will need to report their infection on the government website and receive an isolation order.
    All Covid-19 patients in the city have to spend at least five days in isolation at home or at any residence of their choice. They will be sent to government-run facilities if they have to share a bathroom with uninfected family members or roommates.
    Such patients will be released if they are RAT-negative on the fourth and fifth days of isolation.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-youre-finally

Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast