Apple Watch 5G HK in EU

Apple Watch 5G HK in EU

Will an Apple Watch currently on sale (SE/7/8) with 5G e-sim work in the EU as far as radio frequency or any geolocking is concerned?

Assume I have a regular monthly plan in EU for my phone which supports Apple Watch. I’m strictly asking if the watch bought in HK can work in EU due to any difference with one bought in EU.

Has anyone tried using an EU watch in HK?

Can't speak for your specific question, but Apple products purchased here are not geolocked.

This page may be of interest:
    https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/#table-apple-watch

The models sold in HK are optimised for this region (HK, China, Macau) but as they support data roaming (and I notice this too when activating via csl, as I'm given an option to choose data roaming plan) - they are also designed to work abroad.

In fact if you compare the list of frequencies between HK and Europe / Asia, you'll see they are exactly the same. Therefore I don't know what optmisations Apple even refers to.

It should even work in the USA (as with the iPhone), but the USA uses slightly different frequency bands although there should be sufficient overlap to get reasonable reception (as I do with my phone whilst roaming there).

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Can't speak for your specific question, but Apple products purchased here are not geolocked.

This page may be of interest:
    https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/#table-apple-watch

The models sold in HK are optimised for this region (HK, China, Macau) but as they support data roaming (and I notice this too when activating via csl, as I'm given an option to choose data roaming plan) - they are also designed to work abroad.

In fact if you compare the list of frequencies between HK and Europe / Asia, you'll see they are exactly the same. Therefore I don't know what optmisations Apple even refers to.

It should even work in the USA (as with the iPhone), but the USA uses slightly different frequency bands although there should be sufficient overlap to get reasonable reception (as I do with my phone whilst roaming there).
    The frequencies do seem the same, so they should work? Has anyone tried?