Like Tree21Likes

Covid White Elephants

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Think of the 5 water fountains we could have built!

Gatts, drumbrake, muzzdang and 5 others like this.

It was wealth transfer without a plan...

north2, muzzdang and dfc like this.

It would be nice if they could be used as housing for the very many in need of it. For many, it would be an upgrade. $500/month for a room vs $2000 for a cage.

But by the time the paperwork is faxed, they’ll be cleared and in the landfill.

Just when I qualify for PR and handouts, the governments starts running low on cash....

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    Just when I qualify for PR and handouts, the governments starts running low on cash....
    Far from low in cash..but we now need to focus on new islands and gba links etc..

LOL HK Govt has US$ 424 BILLION cash reserves to spend. they can afford to buy a few rounds of drinks in Wan Chai

https://tradingeconomics.com/hong-ko...20dollar%20M3.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwood:
    It would be nice if they could be used as housing for the very many in need of it. For many, it would be an upgrade. $500/month for a room vs $2000 for a cage.

But by the time the paperwork is faxed, they’ll be cleared and in the landfill.
    It makes sense, but not sure those people in need wish to live in a soulless camp, isolated from services and their local communities.

I'd like to see it as a temporary refuge for erm, refugees (would need HK to adjust its attitude toward refugees of course), but more likely it will be all knocked down and the govt makes its money back from land sale at an inflated price. Not sure where that camp is but it looks prime real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    LOL HK Govt has US$ 424 BILLION cash reserves to spend. they can afford to buy a few rounds of drinks in Wan Chai

https://tradingeconomics.com/hong-ko...20dollar%20M3.
    The chart for 2022 though. Wow!

The chart for 2022 though. Wow!
    You get a different perspective if you look at the 10 year history on that graph though
    chuckster007 and spode like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast