Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alexdown

HK Registered Crypto Exchange Bitzlato...

HK Registered Crypto Exchange Bitzlato...

Guess what happened...

On Jan. 19, the Justice Department charged Anatoly Legkodymov, a Russian national and senior executive of Bitzlato, a cryptocurrency exchange registered in Hong Kong that operates globally, with “conducting a money transmitting business that transported and transmitted illicit funds and that failed to meet U.S. regulatory safeguards, including anti-money laundering requirements.”

Hydra Market users exchanged more than $700 million in cryptocurrency with Bitzlato, either directly or through intermediaries, until Hydra Market was shuttered by U.S. and German law enforcement in April 2022, the DOJ reports.

DOJ shuts down alleged 'money laundering destination' crypto exchange

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/20/just...ndroidappshare

There was an article (I think it's Matt Levine's newsletter) where he quotes some actual chats btw customers and cust support.. hilarious. CS ask what the source of funds is and they replied candidly it's from drugs, or..when they ask for ID verification the customer replied "why would you want to see it? It's not my (credit) card anyway...I'm going to send you an ID of a woman but that's also obviously not me"...

shri likes this.