Like Tree18Likes

Jan 24th - Peng Chau shooting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I am going to usually give Police the benefit of the doubt.
    When a person is belligernet enough to attack an officer of the law, it is reasonable to assume he want to do serious harm. And who knows what such a person might be hiding in his pockets. Are you going to wait til he pulls out a knife and stab you first?

Wow so ppl are seeing this as something that requires consideration and benefit of the doubt? That's like the blue lives matter faction telling me re staten island let's not pass judgment first just frm the video alone until we have the whole story.

Actually yes to ur question.. and this kind of sensible judgment is critical bcos it is a police officer w access to firearm and free pass to use it. If ur not, yeah feel free to fire whenever u feel threatened cuz aftermath is ur own biz. Belligerent and belligerent drunk are not the same bcos actual threat level and intent completely diff.. if in doubt, how abt just punch and pummel the guy to put him down..

Quote Originally Posted by Degen:
    I am going to usually give Police the benefit of the doubt.
    When a person is belligernet enough to attack an officer of the law, it is reasonable to assume he want to do serious harm. And who knows what such a person might be hiding in his pockets. Are you going to wait til he pulls out a knife and stab you first?
    If that's the case, I'm surprised there aren't shootings every weekend in LKF, Wan Chai and TST. In the early hours drunk and disorderly conduct isn't uncommon.

Regardless of the trigger of the shooting, there's a lot less outrage because as far as the population is concerned the shootee is just another "bun bun" (in the local vernacular). The average person would likely factor this is when deciding whether to pull the trigger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3