Like Tree23Likes

Promoting HK to tourists.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    The city we live in now also does... They just don't bother marketing it to foreigners anymore
    So it's only marketed to China?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So it's only marketed to China?
    I saw a couple (like the John Lee debacle) but they clearly are not expending the firepower that they used to

I saw a couple (like the John Lee debacle) but they clearly are not expending the firepower that they used to
    Who needs firepower when you are marketing to fellow countrymen...

Just had dinner in TST and a stroll around.

A LOT of mandarin being spoken.

Returning back to normal then, really.

False alarm.. still no details Name:  msn_cry.gif
Views: 488
Size:  3.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I'll take Tina Turner over a middle aged CE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnhpeDWZJow
    2:08.. RIP 🙏

No way this is marketed to prc locals.. I know it's John Lee in the vid but its a CNS vid - this must have been put together by the chinese so it's unlikely to be targetting their own. Actually that's not even important, why would telling someone things like a new beginning or something like that be relevant for tourism. The vid is soo cringeworthily old style, you know how they do the slicing from diff angles while he's talking.. a vid also not needed if it's not about the new promotions and tickets so I'd rather have none and just have it on print media than to go with this.. ;p

Do we have too many tourists now?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...urists-say-cap

It's about quality. These budget mainland tourists don't contribute much to the economy and tend to be less respectful of our social norms.
    Hkemail888 likes this.

I faint. Who are these travel industry experts and mainland tourists/guides talking cock abt step too far and fairness. Stagger or cap the tours to avoid overcapacity, crowding and inconvenience to residents - what this got to do with step too far or fairness or mainlanders just travelling in own country >.<

I tell you what's ridiculous. Busting out right to travel as the winning response to local residents feedback of overcrowding/bad hygiene. Yes, way to go really eyeroll. Needing police for crowd management for this. Best is the ones questioning financial wisdom of regulating tour booking numbers per capacity - speechless that these are considered special measures to be implemented by the restaurants now, and not standard protocol in general. Apparently people cannot be trusted to plan and operate with minimum sense on their own, they will just do whatever for their desired max result and the only way to get them to stop is for police or government to set the rule. Like little children who can't be trusted to not finish the candy jar until mom and dad come back to slap their wrist.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20230328.htm

I still fail to see why this is falling on the authorities instead of just the booking restaurants own responsibility to book sensibly per their capacity.. oh well. And who's asking if budget tours should be scrapped.. these are mainland tours where HK is just one of the places on itinerary..

Quality of tourists is not HK's problem but I am totally not interested for HK to come across as some low end cheap city unofficially so am hoping HK stakeholders don't price their services at such a low cost to win flow. Again not just abt the price tag but the way our export tourism is positioned as a whole, looking in from outside.

Officially, I am definitely against focusing on mainland tourism, for one it is a waste of money, not nnecessary. And lots of mainland tourists in town might be enough for some but RMB tourist dollars in exchange for our HKD to spend is useless imo. Other forex is what I want to see. Plus since the China connection is always there, it only makes sense to beef up other avenues otherwise that makes us the lazy kind of nepo baby..
    Last edited by sarsi; 05-04-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    angeluscomplex and Fenix2 like this.

Forced shopping and dining tours should be banned

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...-quality-tours