Like Tree28Likes

Food Waste Smart Bins - Govt Program

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by saltywetman:
    I doubt anyone questions the benefits of composting, recycling etc. The lack of education, infrastructure and inadequate, yet punitive, implementation is the problem. Also the complete lack of reference to the context that most people in HK live in.

Composting when you have a garden space or a decent sized apartment is easy (and quite joyful); having to take your food scraps to a single electronic appliance by the bins at the bottom of a 40 storey block of apartments is anything but joyful.
    Well have you ever tried it?! Give it a bloody go before slamming it, and this system IS a way to provide a means given the living conditions. Bringing my foodwaste to the village location wasn't "fun" either, but neither is carrying trash to a communal area -- boohoo life is a hard as an adult.

You say lack of infrastructure, but this is indeed a kind of infrastructure!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Well have you ever tried it?! Give it a bloody go before slamming it, and this system IS a way to provide a means given the living conditions. Bringing my foodwaste to the village location wasn't "fun" either, but neither is carrying trash to a communal area -- boohoo life is a hard as an adult.

You say lack of infrastructure, but this is indeed a kind of infrastructure!
    We are quite well served in my district with one composter per 40,000 people, although the nearest government food compost bin is a 4 km return journey for me.

I would not say this is the best infrastructure possible, indeed, I feel it may be lacking.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5