Like Tree37Likes

Snitchers to get $3000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If it helps get high income people out of public housing, good

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    If it helps get high income people out of public housing, good
    High income people who can afford readily available housing options..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    High income people who can afford readily available housing options..
    as I recall the last one they caught was found to have 2 residential and a commercial property in Gz, keeping HK needy on the waiting list for years.
    mtkl likes this.

My landlord lives in public housing. Maybe I can get 3k and a break lease package

Send them a list of everyone who lives in public housing - bound to get lucky with a few. :-)

Zelensky2, paddylast and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    as I recall the last one they caught was found to have 2 residential and a commercial property in Gz, keeping HK needy on the waiting list for years.
    And thats perfectly ok. There are some (probably a large number) who might be earning a decent salary, but cannot afford a mortgage / down payment at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    My landlord lives in public housing. Maybe I can get 3k and a break lease package
    Can he / his family afford to move into that apartment and pay the mortgage if they are evicted from public housing? No sympathies if the apt is fully paid up.

Randomly curious.. because anecdotally, it does seem like lots of older folks seem to have saved / put money aside in property while living in the public estates.

Being cynical, this could be a clever move. Get people used to snitching to the government for a reward on a topic most people agree on then extend it to people saying unpatriotic things.

bobly and AsianXpat0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Can he / his family afford to move into that apartment and pay the mortgage if they are evicted from public housing? No sympathies if the apt is fully paid up.

Randomly curious.. because anecdotally, it does seem like lots of older folks seem to have saved / put money aside in property while living in the public estates.
    Should be fully paid up. When signing the contract I see that he paid around 12.5% of the current market price. The value was around 6 years of the current rent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast