Like Tree15Likes

Top Talent Pass Scheme - bring in the children

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    What is your career? There are loads of jobs here not requiring Chinese - they are just rarely advertised and usually not entry-level roles.
    I'm in Tech, Product Management. Most consumer facing apps or websites. Last one was with trip.com until their new boss fired everyone who isn't Mandarin speaking (as his highness doesn't speak English)

Quote Originally Posted by 7jai:
    If I am on a TTP, and earning 2.5 million + per year, I wouldn't apply for local schools. I would go for international schools (HKIS, GSIS, etc.) or the top private schools in Hong Kong (SPCC, DGS, DBS).

Not sure how this will help the shortage of students and the closure of many of the Band 2/3 (and some Band 1) schools?
    Yes, that's very true.

But that child probably can't understand English, or at least not well enough to apply to SPCC, DGS, DBS, HKIS, GSIS, etc.

So Band 2/3 schools maybe a option for them.

China's birth are as follows:

Annual births fell from 18.83 million in 2016 to 17.65 million, 15.23 million, 14.65 million, 12.02 million in 2020, 10.62 million (2021), and 9.56 million (2022)
    https://www.caixinglobal.com/2023-09...102112610.html

(China's birth limit was removed in July 2021 and shortly after implemented financial incentives to encourage individuals to have additional children)

Hong Kong needs about 30,000 to 40,000 of primary school children per year. I think this is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    I think the scheme should just be limited to mainlanders only. It would be more honest. I was one of the very very very few non-Chinese who got one (you can see the stats for yourself) and there's be no job opportunities here. None. Every job has fluency in written Chinese or spoken Mandarin.

It would be a lot more honest if they stopped pretending.
    If you work in tech then there are still plenty of opportunities that do not require Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by ComedyComrade:
    If you work in tech then there are still plenty of opportunities that do not require Chinese.
    Ah yes. I must just be too stupid to find them then.

Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    Ah yes. I must just be too stupid to find them then.
    You have to read Chinese to find them
    shri, mtkl, angeluscomplex and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    https://www.scmp.com/yp/discover/new...udents-not-all

I think they should adjust the eligibility criteria for Category A.

- If the applicant has a child under 12, the income requirement is lowered to HK$2.25 million instead of $2.5 million
    - If the applicant has two children under 12, the income requirement is lowered to HK$2 million instead of $2.5 million
    - If the applicant has three children under 12, the income requirement is lowered to HK$1.75 million instead of $2.5 million

As for Category B and C's applicants,

- if the applicant has child under 12, eligible universities can be Top 150 rather than 100.
    - if the applicant has two children under 12, eligible universities can be Top 200 rather than 100.
    - if the applicant has three children under 12, eligible universities can be Top 250 rather than 100.

What do you think?

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/TTPS.html
    Didn't 50,000 enter via the non-talent rated "one-way permit." last year?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2