Like Tree16Likes

167 accidents at the roundabout in Tai Wai last year no more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Has anyone been to the roundabouts in Colchester?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rong-lane.html
    Yes! It’s 15 miles from my current UK property and certainly focuses the mind!I used to think Hemel Hempstead and Milton Keynes were bad. The Daily Mail are one of the sensationalist UK papers but on this one they’re spot on. As usual a council fixing a problem that didn’t exist.
    ArrynField and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Cars that are going to turn left from a sideroad into a main road signal that they are turning right. This is wrong to me (but try convincing a HK trained driver that). I've no idea how they would handle signalling on a roundabout.
    This! Drove most of the way home behind someone yesterday who was very diligent about indicating, which in itself stood out. Except he then twice indicated left to turn right at consecutive roundabouts.

In the spirit of self preservation I've also taken to the other HK habit of indicating right when going straight ahead at a roundabout... too many people from the left drive straight out in front of you otherwise. Amazed there haven't yet been any tales of Hkers being pulled out of cars and beaten in UK road rage incidents....

the round abouts in TKO where they changed the road markings and lanes to make it easier and you still get many idiots crashing into each other, especially left lane idiots going the whole way round LOL

I make no assumptions at roundabouts in HK, definitely an "expect the unexpected" situation at all times. The mini roundabouts on HK island (e.g. Stubbs Road) are not too much of a concern, it is the large new town ones that cause trepidation and they have gotten worse over the last few years as the volume of traffic in the NT has significantly increased.

The lines of sight on a lot of roundabouts here are bloody awful with built in obstructions. Big bushes or high crash barriers in the way unless you edge your nose out and everyone has to stop. No one seems to know what the centre lane is for- I think it is seen as a fast lane for overtaking? Then there are the double lines that prevent you changing lane if you want to exit past the first exit - the whole purpose of a roundabout is allow flow. Plenty of arseholes who try to cut you off from the outside if you do use the inside.

theGERM! likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2