Like Tree19Likes

Local Transport Priority Seats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    The pregnant chose to become pregnant, the disabled did not ask to be incapacitated.
    Of course the seat should go to the person most in need at the time, but trust me, being 9 months pregnant and struggling to and from a full day's work each day, is pretty horrible. However the tone of your suggestion that pregnant women choose to become pregnant and so don't deserve a seat, is well, I won't use the word I was going to use here. It is women who carry babies, but they do so for the continuation of the human race and so unless you think the planet is better off without the human race, pregnant women should be given the support of society.

Elderly, pregnant & toddlers totally

I see some people give up their seat for any kid, even 8-12 year olds that kinda baffles me. And I would give up my seat regularly even if I'm not in a priority seat

north2 and Beanieskis like this.

Irrespective of marked Priority seats, its responsibility of each of us to give seat to people who might need it.
    But how can this be achieved when people don't take their eyes off mobile.

The pregnant chose to become pregnant, the disabled did not ask to be incapacitated.
    But what if the pregnant woman was raped? What if the person became disabled choosing to take part in a, dangerous activity? Should we get them to fill in a questionnaire before giving up our seats to rate how deserving they are?

Tell me you are stupid without telling me you are stupid

Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to sit down at all unless they really need to.
    tf19 and rkenia852 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Elderly, pregnant & toddlers totally

I see some people give up their seat for any kid, even 8-12 year olds that kinda baffles me. And I would give up my seat regularly even if I'm not in a priority seat
    If a parent has to carry a tired toddler for eg. then give the parent the seat, but I don't believe you should give up your seat for a toddler simply because he/she is one. They must learn to respect those older than them and not get spoilt.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    I see some people give up their seat for any kid, even 8-12 year olds that kinda baffles me.
    Showing my age here, but I used to travel to school by train at that age, and I was taught always to offer my seat to a lady of any age who was standing.
    rkenia852 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2