Like Tree22Likes

Taxi Drivers v/s Uber

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by PLamHK:
    I take taxis several times a week on average. I have any sort of issue maybe one ride in ten;
    That's a 10% error rate..it's pretty high!!!
    aw451 likes this.

"Any sort of issue" includes a slight difficulty in understanding where I want to go, which almost always I can simply just direct them, or asking them to take a specific route. Maybe the word "issue" was too strong. What I meant was maybe 10% of the time there is an interaction which is more than simply stating a destination in English. That's not errors, it's just part of how taxis work.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    May be we need tiers like HSBC ... 'Taxi One' for the riff raff who travel on HKExpress, 'Taxi Premier' for the aspiring class who might be able to upgrade their HKExpress tickets and add some baggage / reserve an aisle seat and 'Taxi Elite' for the premium economy segment?
    hmm, that is the plan, they want to introduce new fleets with premier services, but everyone else has to use the old taxis

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    Fare then goes down by each “demerit”
    according to the new taxi demerit system, when (not if) they break the law, e.g. refusing rides, overcharging will only earn demerit points starting Sept. 2024

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...effect-in-Sept

No more than five taxi fleet licences are intended to be issued - gradually change the trade's ecology through market evolution.

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...4053100579.htm

It would appear to be a scheme to formally create a 'market' with a few players. I suspect Didi will win one of the fleet licenses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3