Like Tree1Likes

Creationism taught in HK schools!

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 48 53 54 55 56

You atheists need to lighten up and not be so dogmatic in your faith
    Unfortunately my beliefs are far more complicated than can be summed up in the word 'atheist'. However I don't believe in omnipotent superbeings that have a divine plan and I don't particularly like organised religion. I do see that 'community clubs' can do a lot to provide a useful and caring social support network though. That's why I prefer the pub over say - the church or such.
    My experience and reading over the years tells me to believe in people - only they can make decisions to create or destroy, to do good or evil or to work for the benefit of humankind - or not. However humans are to blame for such things as christian soft rock and the use of the tambourine within the mass. This leads me to doubt there is any god at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    and the use of the tambourine within the mass. This leads me to doubt there is any god at all.
    They say suffering is good for the soul. I am strongly hoping they are banned in Heaven along with Cantopop.

..but Cantopop girl groups...surely there is a place for them?

Yes - in Mr Chen's bedroom

I wouldn't hold that against them - it's got to be better than 72 virgins anyday.

Indeed - I'd take Gillian Chung rather than an number of virgins frankly.