From our friendly neighbour

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

From our friendly neighbour

TIMES OF INDIA.

Pakistan minister blames India for Sri Lanka team attack
    Tue Mar 3, 2009 10:01am GMT Email | Print | Share| Single Page[-] Text [+] ISLAMABAD, March 3 (Reuters) - A Pakistani minister accused India of being behind the attack on Sri Lanka's cricket team in the city of Lahore on Tuesday, saying the attackers had crossed into Pakistan from India.

"The evidence which we have got shows that these terrorists entered from across the border from India," Sardar Nabil Ahmed Gabol, minister of state for shipping, told private Geo television. "This was a conspiracy to defame Pakistan internationally."

"This incident took place in reaction to 26/11," he said referring to the Mumbai attacks in November in which at least 170 people were killed. "It is a declaration of open war on Pakistan by India," said the minister, who is not one of the government's official spokesmen, but belongs to President Asif Ali Zardari's party.

(Reporting by Zeeshan Haider; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)

©

If either country had a mature brain cell between them, it would be a miracle..Tit for tatting is infantile, and its about time that both countries grew up !

Let's hope the hate between these two countries stays far away from us here and does not transmit to the streets of Hong Kong via the minor Indian / Pakistani communities.

Last edited by Skyhook; 05-03-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Incredible isn't it. When I see the attacks I think of it in exactly the same way as Mumbai "attacks by terrorists".. I put India and Pakistan into the same pot of "victims" together ... if somebody were to tell me the same guy was responsible for both that would seem quite normal... but here instead of commiserating with others who have been in the same situation, they just blame each other! You can see how easy it would be for a third party to stir this up just by attacking both. Why on earth can't they see the similarities between themselves are so much greater than the differences?

I really doubt Indians were involved. Pakistani terrorist groups are sufficiently f** up to do this to themselves. And just because the terrorists supposedly came from 'over the border' doesn't mean the weren't Pakistanis.

Whatever the case, it is a sad day when cricket is no longer sacred...

"It's not my fault miss it was Jamie what done it". The sort of reaction you would expect from a 5 year old. Having said that there are some f-ed up security services out there so anything is possible.

Indian security services behind it to make Pakistan look bad
    Pakistani security services behind it so they can blame India for trying to make them look bad
    American security services behind it to make Pakistani government take a harder line on terrorism
    Russian security services behind it to destabilise Pakistan to hurt an American ally
    British security services behind it because it used to be part of the Empire so why not
    French security services behind it because they thought it was a Greenpeace ship

or just plain old looney terrorists.

I would go for one of these -

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    "Pakistani security services behind it so they can blame India for trying to make them look bad

or just plain old looney terrorists.
    It's all a bit weird that there were no armed police around and the Pakistani team had left the bus only 5 minutes earlier. I mean, it's Pakistan, why would cricketers ever not be accompanied by armed police and/or security detail?

"It is a declaration of open war on Pakistan by India," said the minister, who is not one of the government's official spokesmen, but belongs to President Asif Ali Zardari's party.
    Now that was clever wasnt it? Declaring it as war?

Morons on both sides .... too bad India did not go to the American way and bomb the f' out of Pakistan when it had the moral high ground for all of three days....

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    If either country had a mature brain cell between them, it would be a miracle..Tit for tatting is infantile, and its about time that both countries grew up !

Let's hope the hate between these two countries stays far away from us here and does not transmit to the streets of Hong Kong via the minor Indian / Pakistani communities.
    A politician posturing with a claim that it's tit for tat does not actually make it tit for tat. Aussiegirl's comments are a bit more perceptive in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Now that was clever wasnt it? Declaring it as war?
    That comment stood out to me too and leads me to conclude that the attack had everything to do with Pakistan and nothing to do with India. Pakistan is just gunning for war.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast