Hong Kong Schools Closed - H1N1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Hong Kong Schools Closed - H1N1

From The Standard as the govt websites are not yet updated.

HK closes kindergartens and primary schools
    Gov't just announced they are closing all kindergartens and primary schools for 2 weeks.

Hong Kong is set to order all primary and lower-level schools to close for two weeks after confirming that a cluster of influenza cases at St Paul's Convent School involves the swine flu virus.

The order, to be effective from tomorrow,is expected to be announced by Chief Executive Donald Tsang Yam-kuen shortly.

The move to shut all primary schools, kindergartens and nurseries came after Centre for Health Protection confirmed that the St Paul cluster of cases are swine flu infections and raise the number of cases to 12 from nine previously.
    All primary schools, kindergartens closed for two weeks - The Standard

Discussion on GeoBaby.Com: HK closes kindergartens and primary schools - Geobaby Forums

Discussion on GeoKids.HK: HK Closes kindergartens and primary schools - GeoKids Forums

Those bloody idiots! Sorry for my language, but it totally screws up my holiday plans and everything. We are a family with 2 working parents and no full time helper. Just because some politicians what to pretend to be on top of things we have to suffer.

It is a mild disease and this whle measure is complete nonsense.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Instead of keeping them confined in school, they are allowed to roam freely among the population! Great! not

caipiroska - affects a lot of us in a similar manner ... Lots of working parents are scrambling to make arrangements for their kids.

I'm sitting in a staff room full of local teachers and the general consensus is that it's going to be a major headache for them. A lot of subject teachers aren't done covering this term's material.

on a side not, does the school refund then 50% of this month's school fare? I have a feeling, no... Same I guess for the swimming and other sports classes I booked for my son.

Unbelievable, how HKG gov can make such a move.

Why should the school refund ! Do you think the teacher won't get pay for those two weeks ?

It's the government who should be refunding us, not the schools. The schools surely don't want to shut down.

you're obviously new to hk... they did the same thing last year for the last two weeks of march. they also closed schools during sars.

but as a parent, i would rather they close the schools than have my child get sick.

keep in mind that i'm a working parent and not only that, i run a playgroup centre. we are closed as of tomorrow. no classes = no money for me... but i still have to pay my staff.

so, effectively i have no salary for hte next two weeks...maybe longer.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    so, effectively i have no salary for hte next two weeks...maybe longer.
    That sucks carang!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast