Brand HK

Brand HK

As most of you no doubt are aware HK is going to have a new logo.

The Dark Side has pulled some "alternative" logos from a local forum:

“Brand” new Hong Kong - The Dark Side - the other side of Hong Kong

LOL. I love the HKbusters one!

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Chung
    LOL. I love the HKbusters one!
    Heh, yep, found the HKbusters one very amusing as well!

I like this bit about the new logo.

HK$ 1.4 million.. and no happy ending? - The Dark Side - the other side of Hong Kong

The blue one is meant to be symbolic of our blue skies (cough, cough), the green one symbolic of a sustainable environment (until were done reclaiming whats left of Victoria Harbour, presumably), and the red ribbon forms a silhouette of Lion Rock in saluting the can-do spirit of Hongkies everywhere. We here at the Dark Side were completely unaware that Hong Kongers could actually produce small hills in the shape of animals. Heady stuff.

But wait, theres more! While we can certainly appreciate the SCMPs laser-like focus on the most important aspect of Brand Hong Kong, its logo, we couldnt help but notice, buried in the middle of the story, this interesting nugget:

Theres another change, too. Hong Kongs core values will henceforth be these: free, enterprising, excellence, innovative and quality living. Thats compared to the previous values adopted in 2004: stable, free, progressive, high quality and opportunity. Asked why democracy was left out of the updated core values, Tsang said: Democracy is in our hearts.

Indeed. Now if it were only in the ballot box as well.

abraham - ever noticed that you only show up on darkside threads.