GeoExpat is hiring - Freelance writers and more

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation GeoExpat is hiring - Freelance writers and more

As we approach our second anniversary, GeoExpat.Com is getting ready to expand.

We're looking to get people with the following talents on board, initially on a freelance basis for a period of 3 to 6 months and possibly full time, subject to our proposed business model working.

1) Freelance writers. We're soon going to be releasing an upgraded version of GeoExpat.Com which will, in addition to its forums, have significant editorial content. We're looking for fresh graduates and experienced freelance writers who are willing to write on a weekly basis on the following topics

-- Moving to Hong Kong (how tos and faqs on issues faced by new expats)
    -- Expat Finance
    -- Health
    -- Lifestyle (Events, Entertainment, Restaurants etc etc)
    -- Practical Issues (shopping, bargains etc)
    -- News (Summary of news from English and Chinese newspapers)
    -- Parenting

and other assignments which will be demand driven.

You will need to assign exclusive and perpetual rights to GeoExpat.Com group of sites.

2) We're also looking for data entry people to help us with some of our other sites. Drop us a line if you're interested in working part time from home.

3) We're looking for a sales person to help us with online sales, follow up with leads and generate revenue for our various Hong Kong based online properties (currently GeoBaby.Com, GeoExpat.Com and HKClassifieds.Com with one or two additional properties). This is a part time / commission only job for the first 3 - 6 months. You will be responsible for defining the strategies and will have huge amounts of freedom (yes, you better be a self motivated person!) with a very generous commission scheme with no caps.

All the assignments require that you are a resident of Hong Kong with authorisation to work in Hong Kong. All assignments require excellent english speaking and writing skills. The news freelancers job requires that you be able to read chinese newspaper and write english summaries.

Drop us your resume on [email protected] with samples, references and any other relevant materials.

Hi! I am interested in position #2. Can you give me more info on that?

Freelance writer

Am interested in writing freelance on HEALTH, I am working at HKU in the medical field.

James

HK Guy,

Drop us a line on [email protected] and I'll get back to you. We're VERY close to a new format for this site and I'd love to share some ideas with you.

my wife would be interested although do you require that she have a working permit? 'coz currently she's only holding a dependent visa and has no work permit hehehe...

Too bad.

In anycase, the candidate is hired (almost...) and the new site is ready (almost!!)

If you are going to the letter of the law then I believe only permanent residents, dependents of permanent residents, and pre-July 2003 dependents of non-permanent residents are eligible. People here on other employment visas can't legally work for you, so I won't bother offering my services.

Berry, but I can give you an office with an ocean view and a 20 foot television screen.

Is the Health writer position already taken? I'm very interested in writing a health and fitness column... and I also have the necessary experience for that position.

ellie, can you email me on [email protected] with some sample?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast