IE7 and Flash9 - Crashes

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Why doesn't everyone just upgrade to Firefox and then we don't have this problem at all?
    And my work here is done...

Smile New Problem

This is a new problem for me...it just started happening today...hope this helps...

Kris

After a little bit of investigation, it looks like Flash 9 upgrade installed in Internet Explorer is the culprit and not GeoExpat.

The Flash 9 player (from Adobe) that gets installed when you visit a lot of sites like YouTube etc is buggy.

Heres a reference ( http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...&enterthread=y ). You'll see this complaint on dozens of sites ...

Will look and see if I can duplicate and figure out a solution which hopefully does not involve you lot having to reformat your hard disks.

FYI -- All our banners are encoded for Flash 7.

Quick Question:

Have any of you installed the new version of MSN Messenger ( MSN Live )? Looks like this one forces you to upgrade the Flash player on your system.

Smile New Version

That depends on how new it is...

Sorry I don't know when it became a new version, but I did just download MSN Messenger for the first time to my computer 2 weeks ago.

That may not be the help you were looking for. Thanks Shri for all the looking into it for us though!

Kris

Well, it seems to have started affecting one of the computers at work - where the MSN Live Messenger was installed.

Got to fix it .. cant have people saying their "computers crash" when they visit this site.

Same problem here. I do have the latest flash update and i also do have Windows Live Messenger installed. Problem occurs with both IE 6 and 7 (tried on two different computers).

I also upgraded MSN Live 1-2 weeks ago, whenever it was the auto update message came. Have IE7 and the same issue.

The last bit of googling I did ended up convincing me that it was happening when you had multiple tabs open in IE7 and were using the flash9.ocx which was forced down by MSN live.

The best that I can suggest is to use the IE 7 settings to disable Flash9.OCX (don't have it on my machine @ home so I cannot provide screen shots).

This one? I got a window that said the site is requesting this addon when I had disabled it. Will run with it disabled and see if I get any more crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    The last bit of googling I did ended up convincing me that it was happening when you had multiple tabs open in IE7 and were using the flash9.ocx which was forced down by MSN live.

The best that I can suggest is to use the IE 7 settings to disable Flash9.OCX (don't have it on my machine @ home so I cannot provide screen shots).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast