IE7 and Flash9 - Crashes

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I've sent a few logs to the support folks at Adobe. While I don't expect them to fix anything soon, this is a problem that is growing -- as people upgrade to IE7 and MSN Live messenger.

Looks like IE is somehow corrupting the flash plugin when there are multiple windows / tabs open.

By the way, any feedback on this process would be appreciated.

1) Uninstall Flash9 ( http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157 )

2) Reinstall it.

Does that fix the problem? Seemed to help on our end.

Just did that and will report back later. Will have 3-4 geo windows open during today among others.

Note: the unistaller hung for me. Tried running it three times and it used 50% cpu for a long time, >5 mins, then nothing but I never got out/confirmed that it was done. Restarted and went back here and was prompted to install Flash. Did so. Hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    By the way, any feedback on this process would be appreciated.

1) Uninstall Flash9 ( http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_14157 )

2) Reinstall it.

Does that fix the problem? Seemed to help on our end.

Jumping to conclusion: it seems to be working. I have had about 8 tabs open and 5 on geo for over an hour. I tried posting a few things and browsing around and it has not crashed yet. It would usually not take long.

Same here. Seems to be a little better. Having said that .. wait for MSN Live conversations to begin -- it is one of the applications that needs to be in the mix for crashes to happen, from what I've seen on my test comp.

This site crashes for me everday at least once and I'm using IE7

EVER SINCE i accidentially downloaded the upgraded MSE version... the explorer always hang ... due to the daily updates.. very irriating....

Just started re-posting on Geo after a 3 month hiatus while I was in Australia. During that 3 months I downloaded the new IE.

Today Geo has crashed on me about 6 times. About 3 times was the "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" and about 3 times was some dialog box about trouble with an add-on followed by the "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close".

When IE closes, it log you out.

Very frustrating.

Try to uninstall reboot and go to this site = you will be prompted to install Flash again. Seems to work for me now, have not done very much heavy duty MSN chatting today though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew W Scott:
    Just started re-posting on Geo after a 3 month hiatus while I was in Australia. During that 3 months I downloaded the new IE.

Today Geo has crashed on me about 6 times. About 3 times was the "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" and about 3 times was some dialog box about trouble with an add-on followed by the "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew W Scott:

Very frustrating.
    Andrew, that's the message I get and yes, it closes the browser and logs me off of any forums I'm signed in to.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast