Like Tree26Likes

New "Likes" system in place ..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New "Likes" system in place ..

We've just enabled a new "Likes" system. Previous thanks have been imported into the new system and the thanks functions have been disabled.

A few user interface tweaks are being worked on, including easy searching of thanks received and given by a user. If you're really curious .. view your profile and you'll see links that say thanks received and thanks given. click on them. This will be made a lot more accessible over the next week as we roll some upgrades in.

I think this version / iteration has a lot of potential. I like the fact that you can navigate directly to thanked posts by clicking on the tick mark next to the thread title. Again, this might need some tweaking ... but it works for now.

cookie09, kardinalcc, PDLM and 5 others like this.

not sure it works though....didnt for me just now

bookblogger and dumbdonkey like this.

Finally!

I guess I can live with the fact that all preceding Likes were granted at 1:29 this morning.

Shri, does this mean that non registered users can also tag a message now with a like, or are you isolating the use to registered members only ?

Last edited by Skyhook; 10-01-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Has always been registered users. If you can vote then that's a bug I need to look at.
    Posted via Mobile Device

After further investigation, clicking on "others" brings up the "other" registered members, which remain hidden until you click on it.

Mo men tai la

I doubt you will ever be given that feature Brit, it would just end up being abused like it was before when we could adjust positive & negative feedback.

Last edited by Skyhook; 10-01-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Does not seem to work on my galaxy. And I'd love an "dislike" button too.

As they say in some circles. If you don't have anything nice to say, move on.

I'm really really really not keen on bringing in the dislike feature.

This feature is designed to be a navigational mechanism as opposed to a rewards system. Click on the likes mark next to the title and navigate to the most useful posts in the thread. Whats the point of being able to to navigate to the most disliked post?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Finally!

I guess I can live with the fact that all preceding Likes were granted at 1:29 this morning.
    Unfortunately the previous "thanks" where not timestamped.
    rani likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast